Subject: [Anima-signaling] GRASP issue 50: Rapid mode

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 08:58:12 +1200

Hi,

Here's another issue for design team comments.

My understanding from the discussion in Berlin is that we should retain the Rapid mode
but also clarify its specification a bit. At the moment the open issue says:

   o  50.  Is Rapid mode limited to on-link only?  What happens if first
      discovery responder does not support Rapid Mode?  (Section 3.3.4,
      Section 3.3.5)

Feedback please. I'm not quite sure what to do about this. It would certainly
be simpler if it was on-link only (i.e. discovery loop count limited to 1).
However, the case where there are two discovery responses and only the 2nd one
supports Rapid Mode is tricky.

Regards
   Brian

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 09:08:00 +1200

And I forget to also include this for completeness:

   o  43.  Rapid mode synchronization and negotiation is currently
      limited to a single objective for simplicity of design and
      implementation.  A future consideration is to allow multiple
      objectives in rapid mode for greater efficiency.