Subject: [Anima-signaling] what is M_REQ_SYN?

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 22:26:44 -0400

Section 3.7.5 neglects to say what REQ_SYN does. Maybe that is said
elsewhere...

It also implies (probably old working) that perhaps one would not set a
negotiation timer when one uses REQ_SYN by talking about REQ_NEG only...

3.7.5.  Request Messages

   In fragmentary CDDL, Request Negotiation and Request Synchronization
   messages follow the patterns:

   request-negotiation-message = [M_REQ_NEG, session-id, objective]

   request-synchronization-message = [M_REQ_SYN, session-id, objective]

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 17:32:04 +1300

> Section 3.7.5 neglects to say what REQ_SYN does. Maybe that is said

I think it's Requiem for a Synapse (the one that forgot to add the
necessary text...).

> negotiation timer when one uses REQ_SYN by talking about REQ_NEG only...

Yes. There is a timeout in the API so there had better be one in the spec
too.

Thanks!
   Brian