Subject: [Anima] Preparing the UCAN BOF agenda

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:26:11 +1200

Hi,

While Michael Behringer is on leave, I will continue to prepare the
BOF agenda. Some comments:

- The initial overview is fairly short. As always, please read the drafts
in advance. Those two drafts will be discussed in more detail in
NMRG on Monday.

- We propose to give a short slot to each use case announced so far.
There won't be much time for questions, so again please read in
advance. I will contact the various authors soon with a plan for
getting through the main points of each case efficiently.

- We've added a short item on solution space. This is not intended
as a thorough discussion on solutions. The idea is to show that
there are concrete mechanisms that can realistically be implemented.

For now the latest agenda is in the wiki, and today
it looks like this:

    1. Agenda bashing (5 min)
    2. Overview of autonomic networking ideas and the need,
       scope and criteria for use cases
       (draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-network-definitions,
       draft-irtf-nmrg-an-gap-analysis) (20 min)
    3. Use cases (5 min each):
      -  homenet (draft-carpenter-nmrg-homenet-an-use-case)
      -  large network address management (draft-jiang-auto-addr-management)
      -  securely bootstrapping new devices (draft-behringer-autonomic-bootstrap)
      -  autonomic control plane (draft-behringer-autonomic-control-plane)
      -  distributed detection of SLA violations
         (draft-irtf-nmrg-autonomic-sla-violation-detection)
      -  mobile backhaul (draft-bogdanovic-nmrg-mobile-backhaul-use-case)
      -  risk aware routing (draft-TBD)
    4. Approaches to solution space (10 min)
        Discovery + negotiation (draft-jiang-config-negotiation-protocol,
        draft-jiang-config-negotiation-ps)
        Autonomic bootstrap of an Autonomic Control Plane
        (draft-pritikin-bootstrapping-keyinfrastructures,
        draft-behringer-autonomic-control-plane)
    5. Discussion, including identifying other uses cases & next steps (50 min)

Regards
   Brian Carpenter