Subject: [Anima] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-07.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 08:43:53 +1200

Hi Anima,

I notice that this draft has just been revised (following IETF Last Call) to
state this:

   Although it does not require to be
   configured to operate properly, it supports custom configuration by
   means of variable priority assignments, and can therefore be used in
   fully autonomic as well as professionally managed networks.

That makes it apparently overlap with our charter. I personally believe
that Anima participants should look at the draft. Its last call ended a few
days ago, so it is now urgent to make any comments before it goes to the IESG
for approval.

    Brian

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-07.txt
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 04:01:16 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Distributed Prefix Assignment Algorithm
        Authors         : Pierre Pfister
                          Benjamin Paterson
                          Jari Arkko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-07.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-06-15

Abstract:
   This document specifies a distributed algorithm for automatic prefix
   assignment.  Thus it provides an alternative to manual or centralized
   prefix and address assignment techniques.  Given a set of delegated
   prefixes, it ensures that at most one prefix is assigned from each
   delegated prefix to each link.  Nodes may assign available prefixes
   to the links they are directly connected to, or for other private
   purposes.  The algorithm eventually converges and ensures that all
   assigned prefixes do not overlap.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-prefix-assignment-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt