Subject: [Anima] I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-grasp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 20:48:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach of the IETF.

        Title           : A Generic Autonomic Signaling Protocol (GRASP)
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Brian Carpenter
                          Bing Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-grasp-05.txt
	Pages           : 61
	Date            : 2016-05-12

Abstract:
   This document establishes requirements for a signaling protocol that
   enables autonomic devices and autonomic service agents to dynamically
   discover peers, to synchronize state with them, and to negotiate
   parameter settings mutually with them.  The document then defines a
   general protocol for discovery, synchronization and negotiation,
   while the technical objectives for specific scenarios are to be
   described in separate documents.  An Appendix briefly discusses
   existing protocols with comparable features.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-grasp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-grasp-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 15:53:50 +1200

Hi,

This is an update of GRASP with the change discussed recently (dynamic ports).
The full list of changes:

   Noted in requirement T1 that it should be possible to implement ASAs
   independently as user space programs.

   Protocol change: Added protocol number and port to discovery
   response.  Updated protocol description, CDDL and IANA considerations
   accordingly.

   Clarified that discovery and flood multicasts are handled by the
   GRASP kernel, not directly by ASAs.

   Clarified that a node may discover an objective without supporting it
   for synchronization or negotiation.

   Added Implementation Status section.

   Added reference to SCSP.

   Editorial fixes.

Regards
   Brian + co-authors

On 13/05/2016 15:48, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>