Subject: [Anima] The ANIMA WG has placed draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher in state "Call For Adoption By WG Issued"

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 08:32:13 -0700

The ANIMA WG has placed draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher in
state Call For Adoption By WG Issued (entered by Toerless Eckert)

The document is available at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher/

Comment:
draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher was presented at IETF101
and received good interest. The authors asked for adoption. As far
as the chairs heard, there was no objection in the room. As new
work, we discussed this with the new AD for ANIMA Ignas Bagdonas and
also concluded that this work would be in scope of our current chater.

We hereby are officially asking the working group to confirm adoption
of this work: This message starts a two-week adoption call on:

Title:    Constrained Voucher Profile for Bootstrapping Protocols
Name:     draft-richardson-anima-ace-constrained-voucher
Authors:  M. Richardson, P. van der Stok, P. Kampanakis
URL:     
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richardson-anima-ace-constraine
d-voucher/

Please express your support or rejection. If you think this document
should _not_ be adopted, please also explicitly indicate the reasons.

This adoption call will end on May 12, 2018.

More information as follows:

This document is intended to become standards track ANIMA WG document
(-03 has a format mistake indicating informational, this would be fixed).

Standard track is desired because it is meant to become the required
voucher format for solutions with (low-end) devices with existing or
future signaling protocols.

One of the candidate future signaling to use this voucher is
draft-ietf-ace-coap-est. Another one is BRSKI with DTLS
using the CBOR encoding proposed in the document for use cases
of the FairHair association which includes members from ZigBEE, KNX
and Bacnet. It would also be needed to by other 6tisch
documents such as draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join
(from which this voucher draft was actually extracted, similarily to
how voucher was extracted from BRSKI).

The choice for bringing this to anima was done because of the experience
with the first voucher draft, comparing possible working groups and
concluding that ANIMA was best the best WG for it.