Subject: [Anima] I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 10:30:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructures (BRSKI)
        Authors         : Max Pritikin
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Michael H. Behringer
                          Steinthor Bjarnason
                          Kent Watsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-14.txt
	Pages           : 94
	Date            : 2018-04-14

Abstract:
   This document specifies automated bootstrapping of a remote secure
   key infrastructure (BRSKI) using manufacturer installed X.509
   certificate, in combination with a manufacturer's authorizing
   service, both online and offline.  Bootstrapping a new device can
   occur using a routable address and a cloud service, or using only
   link-local connectivity, or on limited/disconnected networks.
   Support for lower security models, including devices with minimal
   identity, is described for legacy reasons but not encouraged.
   Bootstrapping is complete when the cryptographic identity of the new
   key infrastructure is successfully deployed to the device but the
   established secure connection can be used to deploy a locally issued
   certificate to the device as well.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 13:40:24 -0400

EXEC SUM: we are ready for WGLC!

    > Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-14.txt

Kent, Max and I have closed off the remaining bigger issues arising from the
various reviews and discussions in between resolving ietf-anima-voucher
AUTH48 issues.

As a result of RFC-EDITOR comments about ietf-anima-voucher, we have
made the "pledge" and "registrar" lower case in this document to be
consistent with the ietf-anima-voucher document.

This is in contrast to what we did we a month ago when we made them
consistently upper case, as we were thinking of them as Proper Nouns.

The major changes are in the organization of section 5.
New sub-headings, and we made sure that were not writing normative
MUSTs in summary/overview statements.
New section 5.7.2 on interpreting the audit log.

Many other small changes, see:
   https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-14

https://github.com/anima-wg/anima-bootstrap/issues shows three issues
open:
  1) proper noun question above.
  2) two issues open for updating of examples, including providing a CSR
     example.  This will require some code to mature.

{ps: ietf-anima-voucher is waiting in AUTH48 for an AD sign off on
a small addition to security considerations, then it will be out}

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 09:08:59 +1200

The GRASP part of this draft seems 100% OK now.

Regards
   Brian

On 15/04/2018 05:30, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Anima mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/anima
>