Subject: [Anima] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-limited-domains-03.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 15:28:16 +1200

New version, with a first draft of a taxonomy added.

Discussion welcome, perhaps on [email-masked].

   Brian + Bing

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-limited-domains-03.txt
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 20:18:56 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Limited Domains and Internet Protocols
        Authors         : Brian Carpenter
                          Bing Liu
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-limited-domains-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-09-11

Abstract:
   There is a noticeable trend towards network requirements, behaviours
   and semantics that are specific to a limited region of the Internet
   and a particular set of requirements.  Policies, default parameters,
   the options supported, the style of network management and security
   requirements may vary.  This document reviews examples of such
   limited domains and emerging solutions, and develops a related
   taxonomy.  It shows the needs for a precise definition of a limited
   domain boundary and for a corresponding protocol to allow nodes to
   discover where such a boundary exists.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-limited-domains/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-carpenter-limited-domains-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-carpenter-limited-domains-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-carpenter-limited-domains-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 08:40:35 -0400

> Discussion welcome, perhaps on [email-masked].

okay, I'll go read the document if it's relevant... but you CC'ed here.... is
the ACP a limited domain?
Or does ANIMA make it more practical in some way to support limited domains?

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 08:21:34 +1200

> Or does ANIMA make it more practical in some way to support limited domains?

I think the ACP would qualify (since it sets a trust boundary and GRASP
should not be able to leave the AN domain). But also BRSKI+ACP solves
the problem of identifying domain members and delimiting the domain.

So Yes to both your questions.

    Brian