Subject: [Anima] GRASP implementation (update)

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 17:39:12 +1300

Hi,

I thought it would be worth reminding the group of the status of the
GRASP prototype written in Python.

The GRASP spec is of course still in the RFC Editor's queue waiting
for normative references:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-15

I recently slightly restructured the code to improve the interface between
the GRASP core module (grasp.py) and the dummy ACP (acp.py). Effectively
the latter is an insecure Layer 2 ACP, but in principle a secure ACP
could provide exactly the same Python interface for the GRASP core.

I also made some changes so that the code is, I believe, compatible
with Python 3.4 through 3.7. I've retested on Linux, Windows 7 and
Windows 10. I haven't been able to retest on MacOS recently.
Volunteer testers welcome!

The code, documentation and sample ASAs are at https://github.com/becarpenter/graspy
You could start with https://github.com/becarpenter/graspy/blob/master/graspy.pdf
which is fully up to date.

Regards
   Brian