Subject: [Anima] NIST and BRSKI

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 13:32:53 -0400

A google alert found this:

https://www.nist.gov/publications/formal-verification-bootstrapping-remote-secure-key-infrastructures-brski-protocol

By some authors known to this WG.

Author(s)
Monika Singh, Mudumbai Ranganathan
Abstract

The last decade has seen significant growth in the number of IoT
devices. These devices can connect to each other and networks. The process
through which a new IoT device connects to the network and subsequently
enables its services is called bootstrapping. A single entity connecting
large numbers of new IoT devices to networks makes manual bootstrapping
infeasible. It requires an automated system to enable a new device to be
located and securely onboard the network. The Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key
Infrastructure (BRSKI) protocol is one of the well-known protocols that
provides a way for secure device onboarding. In this work, we present the
first formal security analysis of the BRSKI protocol using a verification
tool called AVISPA (Automated Validation of Internet Security Protocols and
Applications). AVISPA provides a formal security validation of any network
protocol by building and analyzing the formal security models of that
protocols operations.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide