Subject: [Anima] other drafts looking for feedback

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 11:55:10 -0500

Hi, thank you for the adoption call for:

  Title:    Constrained Join Proxy for Bootstrapping Protocols
  Name:     draft-vanderstok-anima-constrained-join-proxy-04

I understand your desire to stage things carefully and not overwork the WG.
  On the other hand, this single thread of execution
  leaves a lot of participants idle.

There are a number of other drafts that my co-authors and I would like to get
some feedback from the WG chairs as to whether or not they fit into the ANIMA Charter.
You might even argue whether they belong as BCPs/Informational Applicability
Statements, or what exactly.

Please, if they don't belong, then please tell me sooner, so that we do not
expend effort on these documents.

The drafts are:

draft-friel-anima-brski-cloud:
   This document specifies the behaviour of a BRSKI Cloud Registrar, and
   how a pledge can interact with a BRSKI Cloud Registrar when
   bootstrapping.

draft-richardson-anima-masa-considerations:
  Operatonal Considerations for Voucher infrastructure for BRSKI MASA
   This document describes a number of operational modes that a BRSKI
   Manufacturer Authorized Signing Authority (MASA) may take on.

   Each mode is defined, and then each mode is given a relevance within
   an over applicability of what kind of organization the MASA is
   deployed into.  This document does not change any protocol
   mechanisms.

draft-richardson-anima-registrar-considerations:
             Operational Considerations for BRSKI Registrar
   This document describes a number of operational modes that a BRSKI
   Registration Authority (Registrar) may take on.

   Each mode is defined, and then each mode is given a relevance within
   an over applicability of what kind of organization the Registrar is
   deployed into.  This document does not change any protocol
   mechanisms.

draft-richardson-anima-l2-friendly-acp:
   Autonomic Control Plane challenges for Layer-Two Switched Networks
   This document details the challenges with building an Autonomic
   Control Plane on Campus/Enterprise networks which are built out of
   layer-two (Ethernet) switched technologies.

   This document does not propose a specific solution as yet, but
   details a number of possibilities, and what it would take to
   standardize each possibility.

draft-richardson-anima-voucher-delegation:
          Delegated Authority for Bootstrap Voucher Artifacts
   This document describes an extension of the RFC8366 Voucher Artifact
   in order to support delegation of signing authority.  The initial
   voucher pins a public identity, and that public indentity can then
   issue additional vouchers.  This chain of authorization can support
   permission-less resale of devices, as well as guarding against
   business failure of the BRSKI [I-D.ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra]
   Manufacturer Authorized Signing Authority (MASA).

In addition, there is some interest in a JWS-signed-JSON draft.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide