Subject: [Anima] RFC 8995 on Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure (BRSKI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 22:50:03 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8995

        Title:      Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure (BRSKI) 
        Author:     M. Pritikin,
                    M. Richardson,
                    T. Eckert,
                    M. Behringer,
                    K. Watsen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      116
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-45.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8995

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8995

This document specifies automated bootstrapping of an Autonomic
Control Plane.  To do this, a Secure Key Infrastructure is
bootstrapped.  This is done using manufacturer-installed X.509
certificates, in combination with a manufacturer's authorizing
service, both online and offline.  We call this process the
Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure (BRSKI) protocol.
Bootstrapping a new device can occur when using a routable address
and a cloud service, only link-local connectivity, or
limited/disconnected networks. Support for deployment models with
less stringent security requirements is included. Bootstrapping is
complete when the cryptographic identity of the new key
infrastructure is successfully deployed to the device.  The
established secure connection can be used to deploy a locally issued
certificate to the device as well.

This document is a product of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC