Subject: [Anima] RFC 8990 on GeneRic Autonomic Signaling Protocol (GRASP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 22:47:51 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8990

        Title:      GeneRic Autonomic Signaling Protocol (GRASP) 
        Author:     C. Bormann,
                    B. Carpenter, Ed.,
                    B. Liu, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-anima-grasp-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8990

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8990

This document specifies the GeneRic Autonomic Signaling Protocol
(GRASP), which enables autonomic nodes and Autonomic Service Agents
to dynamically discover peers, to synchronize state with each other,
and to negotiate parameter settings with each other. GRASP depends on
an external security environment that is described elsewhere. The
technical objectives and parameters for specific application
scenarios are to be described in separate documents. Appendices
briefly discuss requirements for the protocol and existing protocols
with comparable features.

This document is a product of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC