Subject: [Ans-research] MobiHoc CFP Deadline Reminder

From: Elizabeth Belding-Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Dec 2003 17:21:44 -0800

Reminder: The paper submission deadline is December 11, 2003, 
only a week away!!!

======================================================================

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Fifth ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc
Networking and Computing 
MobiHoc 2004
www.sigmobile.org/mobihoc/2004/

May 24-26, 2004
Tokyo, Japan

MobiHoc 2004 is the fifth of a series of annual meetings sponsored by
ACM SIGMOBILE, focusing on the latest research in the rapidly growing
area of mobile ad hoc networking and computing. The first MobiHoc was
held in 2000 in Boston, Massachusetts, as a workshop affiliated with
the MobiCom conference also sponsored by SIGMOBILE. Since then, MobiHoc
has become a separate symposium, held in 2001 at Long Beach, 
California, in 2002 at Lausanne, Switzerland, in 2003 at Annapolis,
Maryland, and now in 2004 at Tokyo, Japan.

PAPERS:

Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research,
not currently under review by another conference or journal, are
solicited. In general this symposium is interested in papers that
address networking or computing problems in the context of mobile and
wireless ad hoc networks, ad hoc computing systems, and sensor
networks, with the focus being on issues above the physical layer.
Specific topics of interest include the following:

* Routing protocols (unicast, multicast, geocast, content-based, etc.)
* Media access techniques
* Transport-layer issues
* Hardware and software platforms, systems, and testbeds
* Applications for ad hoc networks
* Power-aware, low-power, and energy-efficient designs
* Quality-of-service issues
* Security and fault tolerance issues
* Self-configuration in ad hoc networks
* Processing and fusion of data in sensor networks
* Location discovery and management
* Timing synchronization
* Distributed algorithms for ad hoc networks
* Biologically inspired mechanisms
* Ad hoc networks of autonomous intelligent systems
* Analytic methods and modeling for performance evaluation
* Cross-layer interactions, including between higher and physical layers
* Other ad hoc networking and computing topics above the physical layer

Please consult the program co-chairs Charlie Perkins
<[email-masked]> and Leandros Tassiulas <[email-masked]> if
you are uncertain whether your paper falls within the scope of the
symposium.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:

All submissions will be handled electronically and must be in PDF or
PostScript format. Papers must not exceed 15 pages (US "Letter" size,
8.5 x 11 inches) including text, figures and references. The font size
must be at least 10 points. Accepted papers will be published in the
symposium proceedings.

We will adopt a double-blind process for paper review, where the
identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers. Authors'
names and their affiliations must not be revealed or mentioned anywhere
in the paper or in the PDF or PostScript file. Submitted papers should
describe original research, not published and not currently under review
for any other conference or journal. Papers not following these
guidelines will be summarily rejected.

To submit a paper, please refer to the paper submission link at the
conference website, www.sigmobile.org/mobihoc/2004/. Questions about the
submission process should be directed to the Program Co-Chairs.

TUTORIALS:

Proposals for tutorials are solicited. Evaluation of proposals will be
based on the expertise and experience of the instructors, and on the
relevance of the subject matter for the symposium. Potential
instructors are requested to submit a tutorial proposal of at most 5
pages, including a biographical sketch, to the Tutorial Chair,
Maria Papadopouli <[email-masked]> by the paper submission deadline
below.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Paper Submission Deadline           December 11, 2003
Notification of Acceptance          March 10, 2004
Camera-ready version Due            March 25, 2004

Please visit the MobiHoc 2004 Home Page at
www.sigmobile.org/mobihoc/2004/,
or send email to the General Chair, Jun Murai
<[email-masked]> or to <[email-masked]> for
any questions or for more information about the symposium.

_______________________________________________
Ans-research mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ans-research