Subject: Alexey's Apps Area Activity Report for March 2010

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:32:58 +0100

BOFs in Anaheim:
- DECADE - charter approved for external review before the BOF itself.
- NewPrep (updates to StringPrep and its profiles) - successful BOF.
Peter Saint-Andre is likely to be the responsible AD for this.
- IRDE (Internet Registration Escrow) - interest to work on this, but
some confusion on scope.

[Update on WG status would be sent out separately.]

Document Status and Progress:

Active documents, my action:
- draft-daboo-srv-email (Proposed Standard) - need to add the document
to IESG telechat
- draft-reschke-webdav-post (Experimental) - need to do AD review
- draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings (Proposed Standard) - took over the
document from Pasi. Need to do AD review and redo IETF LC, due to
massive changes.
- draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports (BCP) - re-reviewed, waiting for another
revision and then TSVWG WGLC
- draft-gudmundsson-dns-srv-iana-registry - need to re-review

Active documents in IETF LC or IESG review:
- draft-ietf-eai-mailinglist (Experimental) - in IETF LC
- draft-freed-sieve-notary (Proposed Standard) - in IETF LC
- draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types (Proposed Standard) - in IETF LC
- draft-ietf-morg-sortdisplay (Proposed Standard) - in IESG review
- draft-reschke-rfc2231-in-http (Proposed Standard) - in IESG review.
Waiting for a small update.
- draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Proposed Standard) - in IESG
review. Waiting for a small update.

In RFC Editor's queue:
- draft-gould-rfc4310bis (Proposed Standard) - need to check a minor
error reported after approval
- draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav (Proposed Standard)
- draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis (Standard)
- draft-allbery-afs-srv-records (Proposed Standard)
- draft-ietf-eai-downgraded-display (Experimental) - in AUTH48
- draft-ietf-webdav-bind (Experimental)
- draft-reschke-rfc2731bis (Informational)
- draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe (Proposed Standard)

Published as RFCs:
draft-klensin-ftp-registry (Proposed Standard) - RFC 5797
draft-dusseault-http-patch (Proposed Standard) - RFC 5789
draft-ietf-eai-imap-utf8 (Experimental) - RFC 5738
draft-ietf-eai-pop (Experimental) - RFC 5721

Active documents, waiting on others:
- draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check (Proposed Standard) - a new
revision needed based on recent comments
- draft-duerst-mailto-bis - IETF LC ended, need a new revision to
address Ned Freed's comments
- draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed
- draft-giralt-schac-ns (Informational) - took over the document from
Lisa, new revision needed.
- draft-rosen-urn-nena (Informational) - took over the document from
Lisa, waiting for additional information from Lisa
- draft-larmouth-oid-iri (Proposed Standard) - took over the document
from Lisa, new revision needed
- draft-cridland-acap-vendor-registry (Proposed Standard) - New revision
needed.
- draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed
draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed
- draft-dawkins-ldapext-subnot - performed informal review
- draft-burnett-pronunciation-alphabet-registry (None) - waiting for
authors to address comments from a Language Tag expert reviewer (Doug Ewell)

List of DISCUSSes I am currently holding:
Old:
draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-10.txt
draft-ietf-pkix-new-asn1-07.txt
draft-drage-sipping-service-identification-03.txt
draft-mraihi-inch-thraud-09.txt
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-vendor-message-01.txt
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-vendor-message-01.txt

New or recently updated (last 3 weeks):
draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-05.txt
draft-ietf-geopriv-geo-uri-04.txt

Cleared DISCUSSes:
draft-bryan-metalink-28.txt
draft-josefsson-kerberos5-starttls-08.txt
draft-ietf-geopriv-lis-discovery-13.txt
draft-ietf-sip-certs-09.txt
draft-ietf-dime-diameter-qos-13.txt
draft-ietf-mmusic-connectivity-precon-06.txt
draft-ietf-sipping-rtcp-summary-08.txt

Other activities/actions:

Done:
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram (my own document) in AUTH48
- draft-melnikov-sasl-scram-ldap (my own document) in AUTH48
- draft-melnikov-imap-keywords (my own document) - published
- SASL GS2 (acting as a document shepherd, not
as the responsible AD) - in AUTH48

Ongoing:
- Need to finish iMIP draft [ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis] (my own document)

My action:
- Need to review OAuth document regarding possible reuse of SCRAM
- Need to post 4954bis (SMTP AUTH) in order to start moving it to Draft
Standard
- draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists (my own document) - needs updating.
Thanks to Barry Leiba for picking this up.
- SIP Sieve notify (my own document) - needs refreshing

Waiting for others:
- Suggestion to move LMTP to Standard Track (Ned Freed agreed to update
the document, then responded that John Myers is interested to do this
himself. Chris Newman agreed to shepherd it)
- Suggestion to convert MIME BNF to ABNF and publish as a separate
draft (Ned Freed agreed to do this)