Subject: [apps-discuss] Alexey's Apps Area Activity Report for June 2010-July 11th

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:07:34 +0100

Document Status and Progress:

Active documents, my action:
- draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check (Proposed Standard) - need to
review the latest version
- draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports (BCP) - need to re-review the latest
changes, then TSVWG WGLC
- draft-gudmundsson-dns-srv-iana-registry - need to re-review
- rfc4049 (Experimental --> Proposed Standard) - past IESG review, I
need to followup on some RFC Editor notes
- draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types (Proposed Standard) - need to
help the author address DISCUSSes from IESG

Active documents, waiting on others:
- draft-ietf-eai-mailinglist (Experimental) - waiting for document
write-up. I am hoping to have this in IESG review next week.
- draft-loreto-http-bidirectional-02 (Informational) - performed AD
review, new revision is needed
- draft-hethmon-mcmurray-ftp-hosts (Proposed Standard) - waiting till
after FTPEXT2 BOF in Maastricht before deciding how to proceed with this
document
- draft-larmouth-oid-iri (Proposed Standard) - took over the document
from Lisa, new revision needed
- draft-cridland-acap-vendor-registry (Proposed Standard) - New revision
needed (since 2009-11-28!)
- draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed (since 2009-10-11!)
draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy (Proposed Standard) - performed AD
review, new revision needed (since 2009-12-17!)
- draft-burnett-pronunciation-alphabet-registry (None) - waiting for
authors to address comments from a Language Tag expert reviewer (Doug
Ewell). Assuming the document is dead.

Active documents in IETF LC or IESG review:
- draft-davis-u-langtag-ext (Informational) - in IETF LC
- draft-presuhn-rfc2482-historic (Informational) - in IETF LC
- draft-daboo-srv-caldav-03 (Proposed Standard) - in IETF LC
- draft-elie-nntp-list-additions (Proposed Standard) - in IETF LC

In RFC Editor's queue:
- draft-duerst-mailto-bis (Proposed Standard)
- draft-daboo-srv-email (Proposed Standard)
- draft-kucherawy-authres-header-b (Proposed Standard)
- draft-freed-sieve-notary (Proposed Standard)
- draft-santoni-media-type-tsd (Informational)
- draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings (Proposed Standard) - in AUTH48
- draft-ietf-marf-base (Proposed Standard)
- draft-reschke-webdav-post (Proposed Standard)
- draft-roach-sip-http-subscribe (Proposed Standard)
- draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Proposed Standard)
- draft-reschke-rfc2231-in-http (Proposed Standard)
- draft-ietf-morg-sortdisplay (Proposed Standard)
- draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav (Proposed Standard) - blocked on a
normative reference
- draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis (Standard) - temporarily blocked on
5321bis/5322bis

Published as RFCs:
  None this month

List of DISCUSSes I am currently holding:

Really Old:
draft-drage-sipping-service-identification-03.txt
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-vendor-message-01.txt - also took over Pasi's DISCUSS
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-vendor-message-01.txt

Old:
draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-17.txt
draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-11.txt
draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package-08.txt
draft-ietf-mediactrl-mixer-control-package-11.txt
draft-ietf-mext-flow-binding-06.txt
draft-ietf-keyprov-symmetrickeyformat-08.txt
draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp-11.txt
draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc-06.txt

New or recently updated (last 4 weeks):
draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-06.txt (some recent discussions with
authors on proposed changes)
draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide-20.txt
draft-ogud-iana-protocol-maintenance-words-03.txt

Cleared DISCUSSes:
draft-ietf-netmod-yang-12.txt
draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config-01.txt
draft-ietf-csi-send-cert-03.txt
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-netboot-08.txt
draft-ietf-sipcore-info-events-08.txt
draft-ietf-enum-3761bis-09.txt
draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-transition-06.txt
draft-ietf-hip-hiccups-02.txt

Other activities/actions:

Done:
- Sorting out Maastricht Agenda conflicts was a major undertaking this
time. Both Peter and I spent lots of time on this.

Ongoing:
- verified/rejected several errata items (some of them incorrectly, as 
it turned out)
- discussing merger of SASL & Kitten WGs (Security Area) and the new
charter of the combined WG (as in individual)
- agreed to help with "X- prefixes considered harmful" document
(together with Peter)
- lots of discussions on standardization process in YAM WG and in IESG