Subject: [apps-discuss] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-carpenter-referral-ps-01.txt]

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:26:04 +1200

Hi,

A few people believe that the problem of 3rd party referrals really does
need to be tackled in a generic way. We've backed off from proposing a
solution (as in the GROBJ BOF at IETF 76), since the BOF showed strong
consensus that the topic is worth working on, and strong consensus that
the requirements need to be clarified first. As the first step in that,
here's an update of the problem statement. Comments and discussion
welcome, preferably on the ad hoc GROBJ mailing list.

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grobj

Regards
    Brian Carpenter
    Sheng Jiang
    Bo Zhou

-------- Original Message --------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Subject: I-D Action:draft-carpenter-referral-ps-01.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

       Title           : Problem Statement for Referral
       Author(s)       : B. Carpenter, et al.
       Filename        : draft-carpenter-referral-ps-01.txt
       Pages           : 14
       Date            : 2010-08-29

The purpose of a referral is to enable a given entity in a multiparty
Internet application to pass information to another party.  It
enables a communication initiator to be aware of relevant information
of its destination entity before launching the communication.  This
memo discusses the problems involved in referral scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-referral-ps-01.txt