Subject: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3462bis-01.txt> (The Multipart/Report Media Type for the Reporting of Mail System Administrative Messages) to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 07:05:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'The Multipart/Report Media Type for the Reporting of Mail System
   Administrative Messages'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3462bis-01.txt> as a Draft Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-10-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The multipart/report Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME)
   media type is a general "family" or "container" type for electronic
   mail reports of any kind.  Although this memo defines only the use of
   the multipart/report media type with respect to delivery status
   reports, mail processing programs will benefit if a single media type
   is used for all kinds of reports.

   This memo obsoletes RFC3462.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3462bis/

Implementation Report can be accessed at
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation.html

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-rfc3462bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.