Subject: [apps-discuss] Candidates for Applications Area Director position

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:07:27 +0100

Greetings,

I've checked the list of candidates for the Apps AD position and I am 
only seeing 3(*) candidates who accepted the nomination. I frankly find 
this to be very unfortunate. There is less then 1 week left to nominate 
people. So, if you can think of a person who can do the job who is not 
on the list, please please please nominate them before October 2nd. If 
you are a person who thinks that he/she can do the job, please don't be 
shy and nominate yourself. In my humble opinion an average IETF Apps 
Area attendee is quite ignorant on such matters (including myself), so 
in many cases might not even think that a person is even available or 
likely to accept.
And finally, if you are the person who was nominated and thinks that you 
can't do the job this time, please think very hard before declining the 
nomination. While I can tell you that being on IESG requires lots of 
hard work, I think many past ADs confirm that they enjoyed the 
experience and don't regret doing it.

Thank you for listening,
Alexey

(*) As NomCom is using open list for nominees this years I don't think 
I've disclose any confidential information that people can't find out 
from the NomCom wiki anyway.