Subject: [apps-discuss] Nominations needed for IESG, IAB, and IAOC

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 08:25:40 -0400

The Nominating Committee (NomCom) has put out calls for nominations
(see below) for the IESG, IAB, and IAOC positions it's tasked with
filling.  Alissa Cooper and Barry Leiba are the two ART ADs whose
terms end and whose positions need to be filled. Both are planning to
stand for another term.

Even if you think the current ADs are doing a good job, we encourage
you to make nominations if you know of folks who are willing to serve
or if you're willing to serve yourself. All three of us are available
to chat about the AD role or to put you in touch with other current or
former ADs, IAB members, or IAOC members if you're thinking about
standing for one of the open positions.

The NomCom will also need your input to its deliberations, so when the
time comes and they call for comments, please provide your feedback.

Ben, Barry, and Alissa

Links:
Nominations: https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2015/nominate/
Desired expertise for ADs:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2015/requirements/
Call for nominations (copied below):
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg14498.html

---------------------------------------------

From: NomCom Chair 2015 <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF Announcement List" <[email-masked]>
Subject: NomCom 2015: Call for nominations
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 03:13:13 -0700
Cc: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

The 2015-16 Nominating Committee (Nomcom) is seeking nominations from
now until October 8, 2015. The open positions being considered by this
year's Nomcom can be found at the end of this email and also on this
year's Nomcom website:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2015/

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
the Nomcom 2015 home page, or by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2015/nominate/

{Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org
 datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account
 if you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:
 https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/ }

If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made
by email to [email-masked]. If using email, please include the word
"Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being
nominated, their email address (to confirm acceptance of the
nomination), and the position for which you are making the nomination.
If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please tell us if
we may tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination.
If you wish to nominate someone via email for more than one position,
please use separate emails to do so.

Self-nomination is welcome!

NomCom 2015-16 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437.  As stated in RFC 7437: "The
list of nominees willing to be considered for positions under review
in the current Nomcom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for
each position will be listed in a publicly accessible way - anyone
with a datatracker account may access the lists.  Additionally, the
nomination form asks if we may share your own name with the
nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality requirements of BCP10
remain in effect.  All feedback and all Nomcom deliberations will
remain confidential and will not be disclosed.

There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the Nomcom
to tell the nominee that you were the one who made the
nomination. This is a new thing this year, and it defaults to â€œnoâ€  -
we wonâ€™t tell. After the nomination cycle, we will evaluate the result
of this and recommend whether the next Nomcom should do something
different.

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about
each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the
Nomcom on or before October 8, 2015.

Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of
your nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management
permission, as it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in
late.  We have set the questionnaire submission deadline for October
15, 2015.

The Nomcom appoints individuals to fill the open slots on the IAOC,
the IAB, and the IESG. The list of people and posts whose terms end
with the March 2016 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which
this Nomcom is responsible, follows:

IAB:
* Mary Barnes
* Joe Hildebrand
* Ted Hardie
* Erik Nordmark
* Brian Trammell
* Mark Blanchet

IESG:
- Alissa Cooper, ART
- Barry Leiba, ART
- Brian Haberman, Internet (*)
- Benoit Claise, O&M
- Alia Atlas, Routing
- Kathleen Moriarty, Security
- Martin Stiemerling, Transport (*)

*- have indicated that they do not intend to accept a
renomination. This information is always up to date on
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2015/

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for
the IETF, and also, please consider accepting a nomination.  You'll
find extensive information about specific positions, developed by the
IAB, IESG, and IAOC, under individual tabs at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2015/requirements/

In addition to nominations, the Nomcom seeks community input on the
positions themselves.  We need and welcome the community's views and
input on the jobs within each organization. If you have ideas on the
positions' responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us
know.

Please send suggestions and feedback about this to [email-masked].

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!

Harald Alvestrand
Nomcom Chair 2015-16
[email-masked], [email-masked]

---------------------------------------------