Subject: [APPS-REVIEW] Reviewing RFC4234 for advancement to Internet Standard

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 14:40:47 -0800

This is a little different.   It's been proposed to me that we can  
advance RFC4234 to Internet Standard without any changes, thus the  
exact text at <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4234.txt> would become the  
Internet Standard.  Some discussion has happened on the ietf-822  
mailing list: <http://www.imc.org/ietf-822/>, and that's all I'm  
aware of.

Any opinions on the desirability of this or how to demonstrate  
interoperability (I've got some ideas) are welcome.

Is this a document somebody on this list could usefully review even  
though its already an RFC?

Thanks!
Lisa

_______________________________________________
APPS-REVIEW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 09:53:19 +0100

Lisa Dusseault schrieb:
> advance RFC4234 to Internet Standard without any changes, thus the exact 

That's probably a good thing. I even assumed that it already was a full 
standard.

> text at <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4234.txt> would become the Internet 
> Standard.  Some discussion has happened on the ietf-822 mailing list: 

It will probably need minor adjustments to last part of the introduction 
(Section 1), potentially adding RFC4234 as informative reference.

> <http://www.imc.org/ietf-822/>, and that's all I'm aware of.

When? I don't see anything ABNF related over there, at least not for the 
recent weeks...

> interoperability (I've got some ideas) are welcome.

I'd ping some mailing lists, for instance tools-ietf (which may be read 
by parser implementors).

> though its already an RFC?

I think we the obvious minor tweaks, it can be published as draft, and 
immediately last-called...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:15:27 -0800

It was over a year ago :)

thx for the suggestion to ping the tools list.

lisa

On Nov 7, 2006, at 12:53 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> When? I don't see anything ABNF related over there, at least not  
> for the recent weeks...