Subject: [APPS-REVIEW] Review of draft-crispin-collation-unicasemap-04.txt

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:44:19 -0500

Hi,
As requested I have reviewed draft-crispin-collation-unicasemap-04.txt on 
behalf of the Apps Area Review team.

Overall the document appears to be technically sound.

There are a couple of clarifications I would suggest:

Section 1, Para 1:

"All input is valid." - it is not clear that this refers to the validity 
test in 4790 as opposed to input to the tests described in the previous 
sentence. Suggested alternative: "The validity test operation always 
returns a valid result."

Even with that change, later the spec states that "strings in other 
character sets and/or encodings can not be used with this collation" so 
wouldn't those return an invalid response if used in the validity test? 
Same for invalid UTF-8 sequences?

Section 1, Para 5:
I would like to see a informative reference pointing to the current 
UnicodeData.txt file rather than just having the generic [UNICODE] 
reference.

Section 5, Para 6:
"The resulting two titlecased canonicalized UTF-8 strings are then treated 
as in i;octet for equality and ordering."

shouldn't that also mention substring? Suggested alternative:

"The resulting two titlecased canonicalized UTF-8 strings are then treated 
as in i;octet for equality, substring and ordering operations."

Other than that looks good. This should proceed to publication asap as it 
is needed by a lot of apps.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

_______________________________________________
APPS-REVIEW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review