Subject: [APPS-REVIEW] Review of draft-rosenberg-sip-app-media-tag-01

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:05:35 +0200

Hi,

I have read draft-rosenberg-sip-app-media-tag-01 
(<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sip-app-media-tag-01.txt>). 
Saying "reviewed" would be overstating things, because I have no 
knowledge whatsoever of SIP.

That being said, here are two comments:

Editorial: I think the RFC Editor prefers symbolic references nowadays. 
Also, RFC4735 reserves media types for use in examples; maybe these 
should be used here.

Content: was it considered to allow this mechanism for any media type, 
instead of restricting it to "application"?

Such as

;+sip.mediatypes="application/greatgame,application/wboard,example/foo"

instead of

            ;+sip.app-subtype="greatgame,wboard"

?

Best regards, Julian

_______________________________________________
APPS-REVIEW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review