Subject: Re: [APPS-REVIEW] Review request: draft-saintandre-jabberid-05.txt

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:43:05 -0500

My apologies for sending this outside the existing thread -- a long
story about a changed email address is involved.

I think this document should be Experimental. Implementation and
deployment experience will tell us whether this approach has value.
If it does, then we may want to abstract from that experience to
design a more general approach along the lines that Barry has
described.

I have received indications from several large entities providing
both email and XMPP-based IM services that they will likely deploy
this technology. The same may be true of one or more mail user agents.
If and when that happens, I will report back (or ask them to do so) 
regarding their experience.

Peter

_______________________________________________
APPS-REVIEW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review