Subject: [APPS-REVIEW] Applications Area Review (new) Team update

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:29:23 -0700

Hello,

Eric Burger is an IAOC member.  He will not asked to perform any 
review until further notice due to workload.  I have not updated the 
Apps-area webpage yet as I don't have access to it.

I have not received any reply from the following members:

  Harald Alvestrand
  Cyrus Daboo
  Reinhold Kainhofer
  Yves Lafon
  Xiaodong Lee
  Barry Leiba
  Chris Newman
  Thomas Roessler

The Applications Area Review (new) Team needs all the experience and 
expertise it can get.  Please contact me to confirm your participation.

Alexey mentioned that he is interested in comments about:

  ABNF
  Date/time
  Error handling
  Extensibility
  Internationalization
  Use  of XML/XML schema
  Use of URIs, etc.

This is not the complete list of issues to look out for.  Alexey and 
Peter will provide a list of typical Apps Area issues so that we have 
a better idea of what to look for.

The main objective of the team is to assist the Apps Area 
Directors.  Reviews will be per-Apps AD request.  The team will also 
accept requests from authors to review their drafts.  That will 
generally be documents in IETF Last Call.

Some of you offered to help beyond what was asked for.  I really 
appreciate that and I will take up your offer.

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:47:27 +0200

> I have not received any reply from the following members:

I thought I had replied...  Given current workload, I fear I'll need to step back from review obligations (at least for now).

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 02:41:35 -0700

Hi Thomas,
At 01:47 25-05-10, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>I thought I had replied...  Given current workload, I fear I'll need 
>to step back from review obligations (at least for now).

You did.  I apologize for missing your message.  It is a case of an 
incorrect filtering rule directing the message to the wrong working 
group mailbox.  I replied to your previous message.  Let's see 
whether we can find a way to keep you on board.

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 23:11:08 -0700

On 5/19/2010 10:29 AM, SM wrote:
> Peter will provide a list of typical Apps Area issues so that we have a
> better idea of what to look for.

Having a list of topics that the Apps ADs are especially interested would be 
excellent.  I suggest adding whatever the current set is, to each review query, 
so the reviewers do not have to recover this, or other, postings to the list 
citing such items.  (I'm not suggesting tailoring the list to each review 
request, but making it a standard list, leaving it to the reviewer to decide 
what applies to the particular review.)

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 01:03:46 -0700

Hi Dave,
At 23:11 25-05-10, Dave CROCKER wrote:
>Having a list of topics that the Apps ADs are especially interested 
>would be excellent.  I suggest adding whatever the current set is, 
>to each review query, so the reviewers do not have to recover this, 
>or other, postings to the list citing such items.  (I'm not 
>suggesting tailoring the list to each review request, but making it 
>a standard list, leaving it to the reviewer to decide what applies 
>to the particular review.)

Thanks, I'll follow your suggestion.

The Apps ADs issues list will be interesting to work on as it can 
help to reduce the AD workload while providing authors with a better 
view on how to reduce nits before their draft is reviewed by the team.

Henry S. Thompson from the W3C Technical Architecture Group will be 
joining the team and bring in more XML expertise.  We also have 
Murray S. Kucherawy, MARF WG Chair, as a new team member.

Best regards,
-sm