Subject: [apps-review] Author Review Request of draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 02:19:39 -0800

Hello,

Mykyta Yevstifeyev sent a review request 
of  draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized. 
draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized-00 was submitted on 
November 21 and the latest version 
(draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized-04 {1]) was submitted 
on November 29. There was some discussion of the draft on the HTTPBIS 
(ietf-http-wg) mailing list [2].

Should the Apps Area Team review the draft or should I ask the author 
to wait for more feedback before the review is performed?

Best regards,
-sm

1. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized-04
2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2010OctDec/0487.html

---

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 19:46:35 +0900

On 2010/12/01 19:19, SM wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Mykyta Yevstifeyev sent a review request of
> draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized.
> (draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized-04 {1]) was submitted on
> November 29. There was some discussion of the draft on the HTTPBIS
> Should the Apps Area Team review the draft or should I ask the author to
> wait for more feedback before the review is performed?

I very much think the later. In general, we should save our resources 
for helping our ADs. There may be exceptions for drafts from other 
areas, in particular if an AD of that area asks us. If Mykyta wants 
wider review, why not ask him to just send his draft to apps-discuss?

Regards,   Martin.

-- 
#-# Martin J. Dürst, Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:21:45 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010, SM wrote:

> Should the Apps Area Team review the draft or should I ask the author to wait 
> for more feedback before the review is performed?

wait for more...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 06:56:31 -0800

Hi Martin, Claudio,

Thanks for the feedback.

At 02:46 01-12-10, Martin J. Dürst wrote:
>I very much think the later. In general, we 
>should save our resources for helping our ADs. 
>There may be exceptions for drafts from other 
>areas, in particular if an AD of that

Agreed.

>area asks us. If Mykyta wants wider review, why 
>not ask him to just send his draft to apps-discuss?

I'll suggest that to him.

Best regards,
-sm