Subject: [aqm] Fwd: [Ns-developers] NS-3 has been accepted for GSOC 2013

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 01:17:39 -0700

Andrew and I haven't had time to update the ns3 model to the current
versions of codel, fq_codel, and sfq_codel. I don't really expect that time
to materialize.

However I am certainly willing to mentor someone (other mentors would be
good, too!) on moving the codebase forward (and developing further
tests/papers) and pushing it into the mainline code, this summer, as part
of the GSOC program.

https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/GSOC2013Projects#INSTOOLS_for_ns-3

Any takers? See further below for more details.

The old (may, 2012) ns3 codebase is in git

https://github.com/dtaht/ns-3-dev

and the latest ns2 codebase which has sfq_codel in it is hosted on pollere

http://pollere.net/CoDel.html

Despite the name the sfq_codel codebase has morphed to be very similar to
the fq_codel codebase, but they do remain different in several approaches.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lalith Suresh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Subject: [Ns-developers] NS-3 has been accepted for GSOC 2013
To: ns-developers <[email-masked]>

Hi everyone,

I'm very pleased to inform you that ns-3 has been accepted for Google
Summer of Code 2013. Thanks to everyone who helped prepare our ideas
page [1]!

Students are encouraged to go through our Ideas list and begin
discussing their plans on the ns-developers mailing list to get
feedback from the developers. Also, start preparing your applications
as per our template [2]. The earlier you begin, the more refined your
application will be, so start now! You will soon be able to find ns-3
on Melange [3] after which you can begin filling in your application
there.

Please note: there is a simple test this year for all student
applicants. Please refer to [4] for details.

[1] https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/GSOC2013Projects
[2] https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/GSOC2013StudentApplicationTemplate
[3]  http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013
[4] https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/index.php/GSOC2013PatchRequirement

--
Lalith Suresh
www.lalith.in

-- 
Dave Täht

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt:
http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html

---

From: Igor Maravić <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 11:01:13 +0200

Hi Dave,

I did some work in ns-3 related to the bufferbloat.

I've fixed some things inside CoDel, implemented ECN support for TCP,
DCTCP, D2TCP, Adaptive RED, FIFO FAST, GRED and ECN inside CoDel.

If you, or anyone else, is interested, I've put this code on my GitHub:

https://github.com/i-maravic/ns-3

I currently don't have the time to polish this up for the ns-3
upstreaming process.

BR
Igor

2013/4/9 Dave Taht <[email-masked]>:
> tests/papers) and pushing it into the mainline code, this summer, as part of
> the GSOC program.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Bloat-devel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.bufferbloat.net/listinfo/bloat-devel
>