Subject: [aqm] Fixes to Linux's network stack in kernels 3.9 and 3.10

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 02:19:56 -0700

There are a really large string of network related fixes going into
the next two Linux kernels (3.9 and 3.10), in light of extensive tcp
and bufferbloat related analyses at google.

Two of the most important (at least to my eye) are:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=136241595507566&w=2

and

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=136392337900604&w=2

Three more caught my eye as I was poking through the commit histories:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=136382407631873&w=2

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=136639199530624&w=2

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=136580231922814&w=2

And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

I expect to have to rerun a ton of benchmarks as a result of these
changes, and to have to throw out a lot of older data.  Please plan on
having to do the same after these kernels are released....

-- 
Dave Täht

Fixing bufferbloat with cerowrt: http://www.teklibre.com/cerowrt/subscribe.html

---

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 08:49:04 -0700

> http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=136392337900604&w=2

This one is definitely a must have for people using TSO or GSO

We are experimenting other fixes on this area.