Subject: [aqm] PIE code available

From: Vijay Subramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:39:05 -0700

Hi folks,

We are finally in a position to release the PIE (Proportional Integral
controller Enhanced) Linux code.
Many of you are already aware of the work at IETF and discussions on PIE on
the aqm and bloat mailing lists. Thanks for all the feedback.

Documents and code are available over ftp at ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/pie
The Linux code is available at ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/pie/linux_code

PIE is written as a kernel module and should work with recent kernels.
There is also a patch to
iproute-3.9 tc tool to configure PIE. README files explain the usage. The
complete source files are also available so it should not be too difficult
to make it compile on a different iproute2 version.

Please check that your basic tests are in sync with what we have seen.
Sample results are available at
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/pie/linux_code/linux_sampleresults/
Please let us know if you see any discrepancies.

Thanks in advance for all code reviews. If you have suggestions to improve
the code, they are welcome. (Thanks to Eric Dumazet and Dave Taht for Codel
codebase). We will also release a version of PIE called Fair-queue-PIE soon
(hopefully by the end of the month).

If you have any questions, let us know.

Thanks,
on behalf of PIE team,

Vijay Subramanian

---

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 17:03:09 -0700

On Fri, 10 May 2013 16:39:05 -0700

> If you have any questions, let us know.

Why not submit it to netdev and get real hard review?

---

From: Vijay Subramanian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 17:44:54 -0700

> Why not submit it to netdev and get real hard review?

Absolutely Stephen. That is the eventual intention. I thought before
submitting to netdev it would be good to get some review and testing done
by bufferbloat folks.
I will submit to netdev soon if nothing major turns up on the bloat lists.

Thanks
Vijay