Subject: [aqm] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-04.txt]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 19:07:33 +0100

There was quite a few comments during WGLC and we have been working from
these to:
- provide some introductory subsections to help people (with subsections
and better text).
- Written more on the role scheduling / multiple queues.
- Clarified  that ECN mark threshold needs to be configurable.
- Reworked the  "knee" para.  Various updates in response to feedback.

We have just posted a new version of the ID that we think addresses the
comments
made during the WGLC.  If you made comments please check this version and
see if you are comfortable with the updated text.

Best wishes,

Gorry & Fred
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Active Queue Management and Packet
Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IETF Recommendations Regarding Active Queue
Management
        Authors         : Fred Baker
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2014-05-14

Abstract:
   This memo presents recommendations to the Internet community
   concerning measures to improve and preserve Internet performance.  It
   presents a strong recommendation for testing, standardization, and
   widespread deployment of active queue management (AQM) in network
   devices, to improve the performance of today's Internet.  It also
   urges a concerted effort of research, measurement, and ultimate
   deployment of AQM mechanisms to protect the Internet from flows that
   are not sufficiently responsive to congestion notification.

   The note largely repeats the recommendations of RFC 2309, updated
   after fifteen years of experience and new research.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
aqm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aqm