Subject: Re: [aqm] Gen-art LC review of draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-08

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 18:40:50 +0000

Hi.

I have been putting off responding to the last email in the chain of our 
discussions from before Christmas while I went and did a bit of 
background reading.  Having done this and reread the latest draft, I get 
the impression that I was having a bad hair day/week or some such when I 
wrote the previous review and discussed it with you. Apologies for some 
rather inappropriate comments on things that I now realize were actually 
pretty well covered.

Having got various other things of a gen-art nature off my job list, I 
got back to AQM.  I have resubmitted the review deleting the stuff about 
bufferbloat, but I do think that some words about checking that 
combinations of mechanisms don't mess with each other would be a good idea.

Incidentally, I thought that CableLabs report of comparative simulations 
of the various proposals in train at the moment was a nice piece of 
work.  The background material is a useful tutorial, the analysis of the 
requirements of gaming users is helpful and the comparative analysis is 
very helpful.   It was mentioned a couple of days ago  in a thread on 
IETF Discuss on a slightly related matter :
http://www.cablelabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Active_Queue_Management_Algorithms_DOCSIS_3_0.pdf

Regards,
Elwyn