Subject: [aqm] short review of draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 13:16:27 -0700

My comments basically mirror jims in:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/aqm/current/msg01117.html

which i see gathered no discussion here.

Those interested in evaluating aqms in the real world might want to
try their favorite aqms against the new dslreports speedtest (which
includes bufferbloat measurements). The methods they are using have
been extensively discussed on the bloat list over the past few weeks.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

They do not have enough servers in europe, but the more distant eu
results would be nice, particularly of their higher end tests (say
cable or fiber), against slower dsl lines, as they use progressively
more streams per "faster" technology, which have a ramp up period
based on RTT.

For the ecn fans, the dslreports servers are ecn enabled, you can try
turning it on for your clients and aqms and see what happens.

-- 
Dave Täht
Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+EricRaymond/posts/JqxCe2pFr67