Subject: [aqm] BCP 197, RFC 7567 on IETF Recommendations Regarding Active Queue Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 15:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 197        
        RFC 7567

        Title:      IETF Recommendations Regarding Active Queue 
                    Management 
        Author:     F. Baker, Ed.,
                    G. Fairhurst, Ed.
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 76832
        Obsoletes:  RFC 2309
        See Also:   BCP 197

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7567

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7567

This memo presents recommendations to the Internet community
concerning measures to improve and preserve Internet performance.  It
presents a strong recommendation for testing, standardization, and
widespread deployment of active queue management (AQM) in network
devices to improve the performance of today's Internet.  It also
urges a concerted effort of research, measurement, and ultimate
deployment of AQM mechanisms to protect the Internet from flows that
are not sufficiently responsive to congestion notification.

Based on 15 years of experience and new research, this document
replaces the recommendations of RFC 2309.

This document is a product of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC