Subject: [aqm] Spencer Dawkins' Yes on draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-11: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 14:12:10 -0700

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-11: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure I know what "steady state" means in this text

   The transmission of the non application-limited flow must start
   before the transmission of the application-limited flow and only
   after the steady state has been reached by non application-limited
   flow.
   
but I'm not sure how someone using this specification knows what it
means, and it's asking the user to do something specific during
evaluation. Is there a reference or definition you could provide?

(There are other uses of the phrase "steady state" in the document, and
they would also benefit, but this is the use that needs the precision)