Subject: Re: [arch-d] Primary and lesser names, or layers of indirection?

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:46:23 -0500 (EST)

> From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>

    > On Nov 19, 2006, at 15:36, John Day wrote:

    >> This is where John Shoch's paper gets to.

    > This one?
    >  Shoch, J. F.; Hupp, J. A. The "Worm" programs - early experience with
    >  a distributed computation

No, he almost certainly meant IEN-19, "Inter-Network Naming, Addressing, and
Routing". I believe the IEN repository at ISI has this one now.

	Noel

_______________________________________________
Architecture-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss

---

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:27:10 -0500

> Routing". I believe the IEN repository at ISI has this one now.

There is a citation in RFC 1498 for:
   1.  Shoch, John F., "Inter-Network Naming, Addressing, and Routing,"
       IEEE Proc. COMPCON Fall 1978, pp. 72-79. Also in Thurber, K.
       (ed.), Tutorial: Distributed Processor Communication
       Architecture, IEEE Publ. #EHO 152-9, 1979, pp. 280-287.

I wasn't able to find this in IEEE Xplore, though.

-- 
Wesley M. Eddy
Verizon Federal Network Systems