Subject: Re: [arch-d] Primary and lesser names, or layers of indirection?

From: "Fergie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 08:29:08 GMT

- -- Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Maybe one difficulty in this discussion is that there are so many  
needs or "requirements"?

I don't think so.

The primary "problem" has been stated -- he growth of the routing
system beyond what is maintainable.

- - ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 Engineering Architecture for the Internet
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net
 ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/

_______________________________________________
Architecture-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss

---

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:33:15 -0500 (EST)

>> IEN-19, "Inter-Network Naming, Addressing, and Routing". I believe the
    >> IEN repository at ISI has this one now.

    > There is a citation in RFC 1498

Yes, there would be, now that I think of it...

    > I wasn't able to find this in IEEE Xplore, though.

Like I said, the IEN repository at ISI:

  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/ien/ien19.txt

	Noel