Subject: Re: [arch-d] A straw man analysis of why send-receive packet paradigm is unsu...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 11:02:17 EST

In einer eMail vom 04.12.2006 16:07:15 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

8. ASN  hierarchy = Local, Metro, Regional, NE Hemisphere, NW Hemisphere,  SE
Hemisphere, SW Hemisphere, Planet, Star, Galaxy,  Cluster

Right !!! And in order to avoid a too huge hierarchy for most of the time,  a 
dynamic hierarchy should be applied, where the hierarchical levels climb  
according to the needs that stem from growing: 
Every personal computer needs some defragmentation from time to time. It  
improves the internal data organization without changing the services in  
principle. 
In the same way the envisioned internet of the future may undertake from  
time to time (maybe by 5 years time steps, or upon specific demand) a reshape of  
its hierarchy. Assumed it is due to oversized hierarchical networks those  
may be split while creating a next upper network-node i.e. a dynamically rising  
hierarchy....
 
Such the actual hierarchy is all the time just (fairly) fitting. And  also: 
No further fundamental redesign is needed (not even after ten or more such  
reshape actions :-)

Heiner

_______________________________________________
Architecture-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss