Subject: [arch-d] Internet and Architecture as Art

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 09:07:34 +0700

Dear All,

(I wish that I do not repeate what were ever talked with in this
[email-masked].)

If we may say about "Architecture" is/as "Art" --regarding what Francis
D.K. Ching said in his "Architecture: Form, Space and Order", John Wiley &
Sons Inc, 2007, p. IX--, then "Internet Architecture" is/as "Internet Art".

Thus supposedly this research --I finded out in such a "Library Tour"-- may
work for the connection:

".art: Situating Internet Art in the Traditional Institution of
Contemporary Art" by Karen A. Verschooren (MIT, 2007)

http://dspace.mit.edu/handle/1721.1/39149

discussing key players, institutions, and discourses on aesthetics,
economy, and exhibition methodologies to frame a sociological analysis...

"Based on the definitions of Steve Dietz and Alexander Galloway and
inspired by Lisa
Gitelman's understanding of protocols, I will thus in this volume define
Internet art as
that set of artworks, which uses Internet technology for its creation and
presentation, and
is characterized by a play with protocols, be they technical, economic,
social or cultural". p.21

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra

Note: To the matter I also ever sent the message to Information
Architecture Community Group "Information, Architecture, and Art (April
18th 2019).

---

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:43:03 +0700

Dear All,

To say "Architecture: Form, Space and Order": would it be legitimated to
say "The Internet Architecture: Form, Space and Order"...? --thus it is
about "Cyber Form, Cyber Space, and Cyber Order"...?

An article supposedly guides a reading journey:

https://www.espacestemps.net/articles/cyber-geography-research/

The hypertext-linked address suggested (http://www.cybergeography.org)
brought us to this page:

https://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/m.dodge/cybergeography/

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra

Pada Kamis, 18 April 2019, Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]> menulis:

> Thus supposedly this research --I finded out in such a "Library Tour"--
> may work for the connection:
>

---

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:42:22 +0700

Dear All,

"Cyberspace", tussle and the evolution of the network's technical
architecture: it is in "Tussle in Cyberspace: Defining Tomorrow's Internet"
(Clarck, D. D et all, IEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2005)

http://groups.csail.mit.edu/ana/Publications/PubPDFs/Tussle%20in%20Cyberspace%20Defining%20Tomorrows%20Internet%202005's%20Internet.pdf

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra