Subject: [arch-d] Future Internet Workshop (Globecom 2019) -- Call for Papers

From: Hesham ElBakoury <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 17:57:01 +0000

=====================================================================
                           Call for Papers

                    Future Internet Workshop (FI2030)
         Future Internet Architecture, Technologies and Services
                          for 2030 and beyond

                           Collocated with
                             the IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom 2019)
                          Waikoloa, HI, USA

                                                                         Friday, December 13, 2019

                    Website: http://bit.ly/2Vk8p77
=====================================================================

The FI2030 workshop aims to explore new network paradigms toward 2030
and  beyond, focusing  on  the  elements  that  will  form the future
network  architecture, applications,  protocols  and  services beyond
the 5G/IMT-2020 vision. It is expected that the exponential growth in
Internet of Things (IoT) and massive machine-to-machine communication,
coupled   with  ultra-low  latency,  high  bandwidth, high  precision
communications  and  high  availability  and reliability requirements
of  new  breeds of future network applications, will drive the future
Internet technologies, services and architecture.  The future network
applications  include  multi-dimensional  information  delivery  such
as   holographic   type  communication,  immersive  virtual  reality,
telepresence,  tele-surgery,  and  industrial avatars. High precision
communication  allows  packet  delivery within a given time (in-time)
or at a precise moment (on-time).

It  is  necessary to revisit and rethink the architectures, protocols
and  services  that  form  the  foundation  of  the  current Internet
and  come up with a disruptive approach to networking that fit better
future applications.

The  FI2030  workshop  aims  to  bring together academic and industry
researchers  in  various fields of networking to identify and discuss
technical  challenges, use  cases  and  future  possibilities for new
networking  paradigms  that  are  not  restricted by existing notions
of network layers or to any particular technologies of today.

=================
Conference topics
=================
Given  the  nature  of the workshop, forward-thinking submissions are
welcomed on any of the following topics:
- Novel Network Architectures,  Protocols,  Technologies and Services
- Autonomous and Self-Governed Internet Architectures
- Quality of Service  and  Quality  of Experience for Future Internet
- Multi-Dimensional Information Delivery
- High-Precision and Communication Services
- Qualitative  Communication Services which can tolerate partial loss
of information while maintaining high QoE in real-time
- Intent-Based Networking
- Service Provider Requirements and Use Cases
- Security, Privacy and Trust-based Networking
- Artificial Intelligence in Network Operation and Management
- Blockchain in Future Internet Architecture
- Cloud/Edge/Fog/Mist Computing integration in Future Internet
- In-Network Computing

====================
Submission guideline
====================
Prospective   authors   are   invited  to submit  full-length  papers
(up to six pages including figures and references) following the IEEE
conference paper format via EDAS (https://edas.info/N26282)

All  the  accepted  papers  need  to  be  presented  at the workshop.
They   will   be   included  in  the  workshop  proceedings  as  well
as IEEE Xplore.

More details are available at: http://bit.ly/2Vk8p77

===============
Important Dates
===============
Paper submission:        30 June 2019
Acceptance notification: 15 August 2019
Camera-ready submission: 15 September 2019

===========================
FI2030 Organizing Committee
===========================
General Co-Chairs

Mohammad Asad Rehman Chaudhry, Soptimizer, Canada
Hesham ElBakoury, Futurewei Technologies Inc, USA

Technical Co-Chairs

Walter Cerroni, University of Bologna, Italy
Shahram S. Heydari, Uni.  of  Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
Mohamed Faten Zhani, ÉTS Montreal,Canada
Yacine Ghamri-Doudane, University of La Rochelle, France
Abdelhamid Mellouk, University of Paris-Est (UPEC), France

==================
Technical Sponsors
==================
- IEEE  ComSoc  Technical  Committee  on  Information  Infrastructure
and Networking (TCIIN)
- IEEE   ComSoc   Technical   Committee  on  Communication  Switching
and Routing (TC-CSR)
- IEEE  P1916.1 Standard Working Group on Software Defined Networking
and Network Function Virtualization Performance (SDN-PVE)