Subject: [arch-d] Strategic Multiyear Work Programme -- Discussion Paper for 2019 Activities by Rabbi Shalom Arush

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 15:21:43 +0300

7th June 2019

Internet Governance Forum
United Nations
Secretariat of the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
Villa Le Bocage
Palais des Nations
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Switzerland

Strategic Multiyear Work Programme -- Discussion Paper for 2019 Activities
Sustainable development, Fundamental Human rights and the dangers of  
the Internet

Executive Summary

Internet addiction is a global problem. According to academic  
research, Internet addiction disorder (IAD) results in personal,  
family, and occupational problems. Internet addiction can be  
decomposed into several subtypes of behavior and impulse control  
problems, namely, Debauchery, cyber-relationship addiction, net  
compulsions, information overload, compulsive web surfing or database  
searches and net gaming. Internet gaming has been classified by the  
World Health Organization (WHO) as a disease in the International  
Classification of Diseases (ICD-11). There is a large correlation  
between addiction to online social networks and generalized Internet  
addiction. The short-term, dopamine-driven feedback loops that  
Facebook has created are destroying how society works and it is  
eroding the core foundations of how people behave by and between each  
other. Smartphones and the social media platforms they support are  
turning us into bona fide addicts. Platforms like Facebook, Snapchat,  
and Instagram leverage the very same neural circuitry used by slot  
machines and cocaine to keep us using their products as much as  
possible. Internet Addiction Disorder (IAD) ruins lives by causing  
neurological complications, psychological disturbances, and social  
problems. Smartphone or Internet addiction can also negatively impact  
your life by increasing loneliness and depression, fueling anxiety,  
increasing stress, exacerbating attention deficit disorders,  
diminishing your ability to concentrate and think deeply or  
creatively, disturbing your sleep and encouraging self-absorption. The  
psychopathological overlap between IA, substance addiction and  
pathological gambling suggests a common neurobiological substrate,  
involving a dopamine dysfunction of the neural “reward systems”.  
Debauchery destroys the brain. Lust and promiscuity, explains Nachman  
of Breslev, lead to a breakdown of logic, common sense and even  
insanity. The proof is that in this decadent age, so many people are  
in need of psychiatric medication, whereas millions suffer from  
anxiety and depression. All the people who are out of their minds,  
because they fell into the difficult disease of looking at women and  
all kinds of filthy movies on the Internet, on the iPhone, Facebook,  
etc., to the point of burning lust in real madness. Gambling is a  
terrible sickness, even more addictive than alcohol, tobacco and  
drugs. The lust for money is the root cause of gambling affliction,  
which not only drives a person insane, but makes him or her lose faith  
in the Creator, and truth and emuna in His Divine providence, Heaven  
forbid. The gambler is cruel to his family. The owners and operators  
of gambling parlors are outright murderers.

Fostering Internet Addiction constitutes a violation of the The UN  
Sustainable Development Goals set by the General Assembly of the  
United Nations and of the fundamental human rights established by the  
UN International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

Therefore, we strongly recommend taking the following measures in the  
framework of the Strategic Multiyear Work Programme:
-	Prohibit, in the framework of an International Convention, and on  
the national level of all the State parties, fostering of Internet  
addiction, including through defining Internet addiction activities as  
criminal offences and by taking appropriate enforcement steps.
-	Block Internet addiction activities, technically, at international  
and national levels, including at government, civil and business levels.

Rabbi Shalom Arush
Head of the "Chut Shel Chessed" Institutions

For the full Discussion Paper please see the attachment

Best regards.

Adv. Jean-Philippe N. Rubin
Rubin International Law Firm and Notary
11 Avinoam Yelin street Jerusalem Israel
+972-544-705-200 [email-masked]
www.advrubin.com