Subject: [arch-d] Network Architecture in the Internet Society

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 16:37:57 +0700

Dear architecture-discuss,

Documents related with the current issues on "consolidation of the
Internet" saved in the "Open Forum" community of the Internet Society:

https://connect.internetsociety.org/viewdocument/consolidation-of-the-internet-from?CommunityKey=3a9fa082-a518-475d-9e7f-ecec4ffe56dd&tab=librarydocuments#ItemCommentPanel

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 14:27:23 -0500

Is there a way to see the document without creating an account?

Russ

> On Jan 29, 2020, at 4:37 AM, Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Documents related with the current issues on "consolidation of the Internet" saved in the "Open Forum" community of the Internet Society:
> 
> 
> https://connect.internetsociety.org/viewdocument/consolidation-of-the-internet-from?CommunityKey=3a9fa082-a518-475d-9e7f-ecec4ffe56dd&tab=librarydocuments#ItemCommentPanel <https://connect.internetsociety.org/viewdocument/consolidation-of-the-internet-from?CommunityKey=3a9fa082-a518-475d-9e7f-ecec4ffe56dd&tab=librarydocuments#ItemCommentPanel>
> 
> Regard,
> Guntur Wiseno Putra

---

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 09:35:53 +0700

Dear Russ and architecture-discuss,

I am new there, I have not know muc "how to": I think one needs to create
an account in the Internet Society to join with OPEN FORUM Community to
access its features:

https://www.internetsociety.org/become-a-member/

But at this architecture-discuss, where we are now, one may simply access
its mail archives for the documents on "Consolidation of the Internet" --so
it is nothing new but such a networked community of reading, such a
networked library:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/architecture-discuss/sdTkLd7q7wXyfAnjJQlNceWPr8U

I find no search engine facility for documents at OPEN FORUM community
Library while there is one at architecture-discuss mail archive.

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra

Pada Jumat, 31 Januari 2020, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> menulis:

> https://connect.internetsociety.org/viewdocument/consolidati
> on-of-the-internet-from?CommunityKey=3a9fa082-a518-
> 475d-9e7f-ecec4ffe56dd&tab=librarydocuments#ItemCommentPanel
>
> Regard,
> Guntur Wiseno Putra
>
>
>

---

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:04:59 +0700

The post  in OPEN Forum Community Library is about those document saved in
the architecture-discuss mailarchive I mentioned above plus

 Arkko, Jarri et all., "Considerations on the Internet Consolidation and
the Internet Architecture", Internet-Draft, IETF, Expired April 2019
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arkko-iab-internet-consolidation-00

While, I have not included yet that of T. Leva and H. Suommi's...

I emphasized on socio-economic and architectural learnings attempted by
those documents there--while the post at architecture-discuss emphazised on
feasibility of the Internet architecture in relation with aesthetic and
ethic experiences.

This is what I saved in OPEN FORUM Community Library:

"Consolidation of the Internet: From the Socio-Economic to the
Architectural"

This documents refer to "Consolidation in the Internet" which is of
economic and architectural approaches and perspectives:

- ISOC Global Internet Report Consolidation in the Internet Economy
https://future.internetsociety.org/2019/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/04/InternetSociety-GlobalInternetReport-ConsolidationintheInternetEconomy.pdf

- Arkko, Jarri et all., "Considerations on the Internet Consolidation and
the Internet Architecture", Internet-Draft, IETF, Expired April 2019
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arkko-iab-internet-consolidation-00
- Sullivan, Andrew, "Three Kinds of Concentration in Open Protocols",
IAB-DEDR Workshop 2019
https://www.iab.org/wp-content/IAB-uploads/2019/05/p7-sulllivan-three_kinds_concentration_ajs_dedr.pdf

- Arkko, Jarri, "Centralized Architecture in Internet Architecture",
Internet Draft, 2019
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-arkko-arch-infrastructure-centralisation-00.txt
Kutscher, Dirk, "Protocol Design and Socio-economic Realities", in the
IAB-DEDR Workshop 2019
https://www.iab.org/wp-content/IAB-uploads/2019/05/p14-kutscher-internet-design-kutscher.pdf

Note: This post is related with another one in this "Open Forum": Restream:
Internet Consolidation: What Lies beneath the Application Layer..."
(December 14th 2019)
https://connect.internetsociety.org/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=67&MessageKey=426220c6-e41e-45c8-8872-7f0cc455f492&CommunityKey=3a9fa082-a518-475d-9e7f-ecec4ffe56dd&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fCommunityKey%3d3a9fa082-a518-475d-9e7f-ecec4ffe56dd

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra

Pada Jumat, 31 Januari 2020, Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
menulis:

>> on-of-the-internet-from?CommunityKey=3a9fa082-a518-475d-
>> 9e7f-ecec4ffe56dd&tab=librarydocuments#ItemCommentPanel
>>
>> Regard,
>> Guntur Wiseno Putra
>>
>>
>>

---

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:26:32 +0700

Dear Russ & architecture-discuss,

I have just added Leva. T & H. Suommi's "Framework of Analyzing Feasibility
of Internet Protocols" to the before-mentioned list of readings by "Add
Comment" Facility in the OPEN FORUM Community Library:

###
To the list of readings above (Consolidation of the Internet: from the
Socio-Economic to the Architectural) may I add "Framework of Analyzing
Feasibility of Internet Potocols" (Leva, T. & H. Suommi, the IAB Workshop
on Internet Technology Adootion and Transition 2013) which was ever to be
part of [email-masked] "Centralization or diversity?"
January 22th 2020:

###

Note:
To clarify what I said in the previous message:
I mean the [email-masked] and the OPEN FORUM Community
Library may be about a networked community of reading, a networked library.

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra

Pada Jumat, 31 Januari 2020, Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
menulis:

> https://future.internetsociety.org/2019/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/
> 04/InternetSociety-GlobalInternetReport-ConsolidationintheInternetEcon
> omy.pdf
> IAB-DEDR Workshop 2019 https://www.iab.org/wp-content/IAB-uploads/2019/05/
> p7-sulllivan-three_kinds_concentration_ajs_dedr.pdf
> https://www.iab.org/wp-content/IAB-uploads/2019/05/
> p14-kutscher-internet-design-kutscher.pdf
>
>
> Note: This post is related with another one in this "Open Forum":
> Restream: Internet Consolidation: What Lies beneath the Application
> Layer..." (December 14th 2019) https://connect.internetsociety.org/
> communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=67&MessageKey=
> 426220c6-e41e-45c8-8872-7f0cc455f492&CommunityKey=3a9fa082-a518-475d-9e7f-
> ecec4ffe56dd&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fcommunities%2fcommunity-home%
> 2fdigestviewer%3fCommunityKey%3d3a9fa082-a518-475d-9e7f-ecec4ffe56dd
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Regard,
> Guntur Wiseno Putra
>
>>> on-of-the-internet-from?CommunityKey=3a9fa082-a518-475d-9e7f
>>> -ecec4ffe56dd&tab=librarydocuments#ItemCommentPanel
>>>
>>> Regard,
>>> Guntur Wiseno Putra
>>>
>>>
>>>