Subject: [arch-d] A Reading on "Cosmos", "Technics" and "Politics"

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 22:33:06 +0700

Dear architecture-discuss,

I finded a reading on "cosmos", "technics" and "politics" published in 2017:

It was said, by Yuk Sui that there were the end of unilateral globalization
and the arrival of anthropocene driving such possibillity to talk about
"cosmopolitics" as a commercial regime and as politics of nature.

Then it was said, "...    §3. Cosmotechnics as CosmopoliticsI propose to go
beyond the notion of cosmology; instead, it would be more productive to
address what I call cosmotechnics. Let me give you a preliminary definition
of cosmotechnics: it is the unification of the cosmos and the moral through
technical activities, whether craft-making or art-making. There hasn’t been
one or two technics, but many cosmotechnics. What kind of morality, which
and whose cosmos, and how to unite them vary from one culture to another
according to different dynamics. I am convinced that in order to confront
the crisis that is before us—namely, the Anthropocene, or the intrusion of
Gaia (Latour and Stengers), or the “entropocene” (Stiegler), all presented
as the inevitable future of humanity—it is necessary to reopen the question
of technology, in order to envisage the bifurcation of technological
futures by conceiving different cosmotechnics. ...".

Sui, Yuk, "Cosmotechnics as Cosmopolitics", E-flux journal #86, November
2017)

https://www.e-flux.com/journal/86/161887/cosmotechnics-as-cosmopolitics

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra

---

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 11:09:40 +0700

I finded also "The Genesis of Technicity" referring to (the book) "On the
Mode of Existence of Technical Objects" --both were published in 2017:

"...

This study postulates that technicity is one of the two fundamental phases
of the mode of existence of the whole constituted by man and the world.1 ...

...".

https://www.e-flux.com/journal/82/133160/the-genesis-of-technicity

Simondon, Gilbert, "The Genesis of Technicity", E-Flux journal #82 - Mei
2017

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra

Pada Minggu, 16 Februari 2020, Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
menulis:

> It was said, by Yuk Sui that there were the end of unilateral
> globalization and the arrival of anthropocene driving such possibillity to
> talk about "cosmopolitics" as a commercial regime and as politics of nature.
>
> Then it was said, "...    §3. Cosmotechnics as CosmopoliticsI propose to
> go beyond the notion of cosmology; instead, it would be more productive to