Subject: Re: [arch-d] [removed] to Serve as RFC Editor Future Development Program Chair

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 11:09:54 -0700

Hi Jari,

[I moved the thread off ietf@]

At 04:03 PM 27-03-2020, Jari Arkko wrote:
>We didn't get to discuss this on voice in the plenary. But the 
>process is as Ted outlined it; call for volunteers for a task, 
>written & interview interaction, community feedback, IAB 
>consideration and then selection. I don't think we should go into 
>specific questions about particular persons and selections. I will 
>say that we were of course lucky with excellent volunteers and we're 
>very happy to have [removed] serve.
>
>I personally see the role of chairing this program as primarily 
>focused on managing this discussion and helping the group come to 
>consensus. As the program is an open program, I'd love to see 
>participation of all those in the community who have background in 
>publishing and editing.

I would like to thank Ted and you for responding on the thread.  I 
have two questions.  Before getting into that, I'll mention that I am 
not interested in the personnel aspect unless it is directly relevant 
to the discussion, i.e. why was Person X chosen instead of Person Y.

The usage of "community" in the text quoted above is ambiguous.  Does 
it mean "IETF community" or something else?

Please see the last sentence in the message at 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/MoGjjZyadcTB3BT7mFIgsqUhUtc/ 
What was the considerations against selecting more than one Chair?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy