Subject: [arch-d] Announcing the first FlexNGIA Workshop - Call for Papers

From: Hesham ElBakoury <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 11:25:49 -0800

*CALL FOR PAPERS*

1st IFIP/IEEE International workshop on

                    Fully-Flexible Internet Architectures and Protocols

                         for the Next-Generation Internet (FlexNGIA 2021

                      in collocation with IFIP/IEEE International 
Symposium on

                            Integrated Network Management (IM2021)

17-21 May 2021 // Bordeaux, France

*https://www.FlexNGIA.net/workshop*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rise of edge, cloud and in-network computing and the proliferation  
of  Artificial

Intelligence (AI) solutions in networking  are  promoting the 
development of innovative

applications like virtual/augmented reality, tele-presence, autonomous 
systems, remotely

controlled robotics and tactile applications, promising  to  
revolutionize health-care,

transportation, industry, agriculture, society and culture. To deploy 
such applications

and  to  comply  with their  requirements,  there is a need for new 
Internet paradigms

including  a  Tactile Internet  that  combines  ultra  low latency with 
extremely high

availability, reliability  and  security.  This  has  been  the  focus  
of both   ITU

and IETF/IRTF related initiatives for the past few years.

Today’s   Internet falls   short  when  it  comes  to providing such 
requirements due

to Several design  and implementation  limitations. To overcome these  
it is essential

to rethink the current Internet  and  devise  new   architectures  and   
protocols  by

efficiently harnessing recent technological  advances   in   terms   of 
virtualization,

Network softwarization, NFV/SDN, and Data plane programmability, even 
when  they  break

the tenets of the current Internet.

This vision is embodied in the FlexNGIA Architecture 
(https://www.flexngia.net)that has

the  potential  to enable  novel  network  services  and  management  
schemes adapted

to the requirements of future Internet applications.

==================

Topics of Interest

==================

The topics addressed in this workshop include, but are not limited to:

    - Analysis of  the characteristics and requirements of future 
network applications.

    - Gap analysis highlighting the limitations of the traditional 
Internet architecture

      and  protocols  and their inability to cater to future 
applications’ requirements.

    - Design  and evaluation   of   new   architectural  paradigms  and 
communication

      protocols as well as network  management schemes  based on AI/ML 
and  distributed

      decision making.

    - Use-cases  and specific  applications   and   potential   
mechanisms, protocols

      and  schemes  to ensure  the  performance  and  reliability  
required  by future

      applications including the move to Industry 5.0 and 6G networks.

    - Solutions  to further develop the FlexNGIA towards a full-fledged 
architecture by

      addressing key research challenges including service function 
chaining, functional

      decomposition, alternative  Network/Transport protocols,  resource 
management,

      signaling,  design of  high-performance  virtual  network 
functions and services,

      high-precision monitoring,  measurements  and  in-network  
telemetry, pricing and

      economics, Security and privacy.

*More  challenges  are available at 
https://www.flexngia.net/research-challenges*

=======================

Submission Instructions

=======================

Authors are invited  to submit original contributions. Submitted 
manuscripts should use

IEEE 2-column  conference style  and  are  limited  to 6 pages 
(including references).

The submission link will be available soon at 
https://www.flexngia.net/workshop

===============

Important Dates

===============

- Paper submission deadline: January 8, 2021[e][f][g]

- Paper acceptance notification: February 18, 2021

- Camera-ready version due: March 5, 2021

====================

Organizing Committee

====================

*General co-chairs*

-----------------

Marie-José Montpetit, Concordia University, Canada

Latif Ladid, IPv6 Forum/University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Rui L. Aguiar, University of Aveiro, Portugal

*TPC co-chairs*

-------------

Nadjib AitSaadi, Paris-Saclay University, France

Noura Limam, University of Waterloo, Canada

Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville, UFRGS, Brazil

====================================================================

*For more information, please check https://www.flexngia.net/workshop*

-- 
Please check www.FlexNGIA.net for more information about the FlexNGIA 
project
---