Subject: [arch-d] Fwd: [Edm] EDM program call on October 13

From: Tommy Pauly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 08:32:12 -0700

Hello architecture-discuss,

I’m forwarding this invitation to join our upcoming IAB program call. As we’ve wrapped up work on draft-iab-use-it-or-lose-it, we’re moving on to some new topics. This is a great time to join the conversations if you’re interested!

Best,
Tommy

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: Tommy Pauly <tpauly=[email-masked]>
> Subject: [Edm] EDM program call on October 13
> Date: October 1, 2021 at 8:24:59 AM PDT
> To: [email-masked]
> 
> Hello,
> 
> We’ll have our next EDM (Evolvability, Deployability, and Maintainability) IAB program call on Wednesday, October 13 at 21:00 UTC. Meeting info is below!
> 
> Topics for discussion will include:
> - draft-eckel-edm-find-code
> - Next steps and learnings from discussions around use-it-or-lose-it
> - Discuss plan for draft-iab-protocol-maintenance
> 
> Best,
> Tommy & David
> 
> 
> EDM Program Meeting
> Hosted by EDM Program
> 
> https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=mf32865686f59e605cf0e52461f8edb9a
> Wednesday, Oct 13, 2021 2:00 pm | 1 hour | (UTC-07:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
> Meeting number: 2432 103 8242
> Password: bSQ7x4PQwb7
> 
> Join by video system
> Dial [email-masked]
> You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.
> 
> Join by phone
> 1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
> Access code: 243 210 38242
> -- 
> Edm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.iab.org/mailman/listinfo/edm

---

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 10:16:00 +0700

Dear Architecture-discuss,

This paragraph of RFC 1620 ("Internet Architecture Extension in Shared
Media") mentioned about "extension" and "evolution":

   "Our suggested extensions are evolutionary, leaving intact the basic
   ideas of the current Internet architecture.  It would be possible to
   make (and some have suggested) much more radical changes to
   accommodate shared media.  In the extreme, one could entirely abolish
   the inner clouds in Figure 2, so that there would be no logical
   network structure within the SM.  The IP addresses would then be
   logical, and some mechanism of distributed servers would be needed to
   find routes within this random haze.  We think this approach ignores
   all the requirements for management and security in today's Internet.
   It might make a good research paper, but it would not be good
   Internet design strategy".

While of "evolution" these readings may be interesting

- "The Web of Life" IV
 The Nature of Life/10.The Unfolding of Life
(Fritjof Capra, 1996)

https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-web-of-life-a-new-scientific-
understanding-of-living-systems-e157334927.html

-"The System View if Life" part III A New Concetion of Life/9. Darwin and
Biological Evolution  (Fritjof Capra and Pier Luigi Luisi, 2014)

https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-systems-view-of-life-a-unifying
-vision-e195169892.html

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra

Pada Jumat, 01 Oktober 2021, Tommy Pauly <tpauly=[email-masked]>
menulis:

> I’m forwarding this invitation to join our upcoming IAB program call. As
> we’ve wrapped up work on draft-iab-use-it-or-lose-it, we’re moving on to
> some new topics. This is a great time to join the conversations if you’re
> interested!
>
> Best,
> Tommy
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *Tommy Pauly <tpauly=[email-masked]>
> *Subject: **[Edm] EDM program call on October 13*
> *Date: *October 1, 2021 at 8:24:59 AM PDT
> *To: [email-masked]
>
> Hello,
>
> We’ll have our next EDM (Evolvability, Deployability, and Maintainability)
> IAB program call on Wednesday, October 13 at 21:00 UTC. Meeting info is
> below!
>

---

From: Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 10:17:45 +0700

Of "networks evolution": may it be a matter of networks-based
problems-solutions relationships, thus "evSolution". Here, there are
constitutive elements of networks with their actual and potential relations
to each others. Here, communication end points (problems of addressing) and
routers between end points (problems of routing)*1. Here again, solutions
may be about findings/discoveries and creations.

Philosophy teach us about to create concepts, science to create functive,
logics to create a prospect, art to create affect and percept*2. And, what
is about reasoning*3?

Of changed configurations, history teach us to find episteme*4. It brings
to us examples for our creative moments --pieces of old stories may their
moments of importances.

Does new physics -- terms used by Capra-- not say about its concerns with
subatomic particles with potential networks*5 ...?

Notes:

1) Luigi Ianone on "Routing and Addressing"
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/architecture-discuss/
NET2bBEMwKwy90_On-j7IFogTsg/

2) I red and Ondonesian translation for Deleuze and Guattari, "What is
Philosophy?"

3) Deleuze in "What is Grounding?"

  https://deleuze.cla.purdue.edu/sites/default/files/pdf/lec
tures/en/Deleuze%20Gilles%2C%20What%20is%20Grounding%2C%20En
glish%20translation_0.pdf

4) I red machine-based notes: Foucault, "The Order of Things" and
"Aesthetics, Methods and Epistemology"

5) Capra, "The Tao of Physics"
https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-tao-of-physics-an-exploration-o
f-the-parallels-between-modern-physics-and-eastern-mysticism-e195269411.html

or

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https:/
/rauterberg.employee.id.tue.nl/lecturenotes/DDM110%2520CAS/C
apra-1975%2520The%2520Tao%2520of%2520Physics.pdf&ved=2ahUKEw
iHlpn5ycfzAhVLILcAHdNXBn8QFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0L14GlSrtyULeRrbOMmYPGRegard,

and Capra " The Unification of Physics"

http://www.fritjofcapra.net/the-unification-of-physics/

Regard,
Guntur Wiseno Putra

Pada Sabtu, 23 Oktober 2021, Guntur Wiseno Putra <[email-masked]>
menulis:

> https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-web-of-life-a-new-scientific-un
> derstanding-of-living-systems-e157334927.html
>
>
> Pada Jumat, 01 Oktober 2021, Tommy Pauly <tpauly=[email-masked]
> .org> menulis:
>
>> We’ll have our next EDM (Evolvability, Deployability, and
>> Maintainability) IAB program call on Wednesday, October 13 at 21:00 UTC.
>> Meeting info is below!
>>