Subject: [art] Can now register draft-vesely-authmethod-dnswl?

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 17:30:41 +0200

Hi all,

we've been using a dnswl Email Authentication Method since 2013, but it hasn't
been possible to register it in the corresponding IANA page because of a
misunderstanding on the use of ptype's.  In fact, the method provides for a
ptype of "dns", e.g. used like so:

Authentication-Results: mail.example.com;
    dnswl=pass dns.zone=list.dnswl.example
    policy.ip=127.0.9.2 policy.txt=sender.domain.example

According to the obsolete spec, dns.zone should have been named policy.zone.
At design time, the latter was considered unclear, because its value could have
been a dotted decimal like policy.ip, possibly generating confusion.

Now that rfc8601 allows that ptype, I'd like to register it at IANA, so as to
avoid that those names could be used for different methods.  I've updated my
draft, in case it's needed:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vesely-authmethod-dnswl-08

Would someone kindly suggest me how to proceed?

TIA
Ale
--