Subject: [art] ART AD position

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 10:16:35 -0400

Hi, ARTists,

With Alexey's and Adam's AD terms ending in March, and with neither of
them seeking another term, we have an AD position open -- we have
decided to go back down to two ART ADs going forward -- for which
nominations are happening now.

It's critically important to the ART Area that the NomCom has a field
of nominees to choose from, and I strongly encourage all of you to:

- seriously consider whether you, yourself, can stand for the position
(see more below), and

- look at your fellow participants, identify who you think would be a
good Area Director, and approach her with the idea.

Remember that you can nominate yourself.  Remember that you can
nominate anyone else you think would be a good choice.  Let's all work
together and find several good nominees for the NomCom to consider.

It's "below":  Being an AD is a challenging job, but a rewarding one,
and one that I've enjoyed very much -- enough to come back for another
term after having served two terms a few years ago.  You learn a lot
about the other areas and their work, you learn a lot more than you
know now about how the IETF works, you work with some of the sharpest
people in the organization, and you make cross-area connections that
are very rewarding and long-lasting.  I can't recommend it strongly
enough.

Please do this now, so the NomCom can have a strong set of ART
nominees to consider as it plans for interviews during IETF 106 and as
it starts its deliberations from there.

See here for details about nominations:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/DEKzdB-njAQM1lURYsVtIzIWkQQ

Thanks,
Barry