Subject: [art] Fwd: RFC 8855 registries

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 07:46:39 -0800

Greetings,

RFC 8855 ("The Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)") created an IANA
registry with four sub-registries.  They are all written up to follow
Specification Required rules, which requires appointment of a designated
expert.  The BFCPBIS working group is closed, which brings me to this
audience to seek volunteers or nominations for designated experts for these
registries.

Any takers?

-MSK

---

From: Keith Drage <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 19:04:11 +0000

To be pedantic, RFC 8855 did not create these registries. They were 
created by the predecessor RFC 4582.

To answer the question however, I notice CLUE also has a number of new 
registries (specification required), and it would make some sense to 
align any discussion of these registries with those of BFCP).

BFCP originally came out of the XCON working group, but there do not 
seem to be any registries associated with the other documents of this 
closed WGs.

As a final comment, I would any future specification would be handled in 
IETF rather than some other specification body. While other 
specification groups use these protocols, they use them as is, and would 
rely on IETF to extend. So the discussion may be moot.

Keith

On 04/02/2021 15:46, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> Specification Required rules, which requires appointment of a 
> designated expert.  The BFCPBIS working group is closed, which brings 
> me to this audience to seek volunteers or nominations for designated 
> experts for these registries.
>
> Any takers?
>
> -MSK
>
> _______________________________________________
> art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/art