Subject: [art] Updates to RFC4180 - CSV

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 12:19:30 -0400

Hi,

Since this RFC was published in 2005, there have been multiple
suggestions and recommendations for updates. After being prompted by
Oliver Siegmar, and talking to Barry Lieba, I have been working on a
new draft with Oliver's help and just published the -00 version:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shafranovich-rfc4180-bis-00

There is also a GitHub repo here:
https://github.com/nightwatchcybersecurity/rfc4180-bis

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 8:45 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-shafranovich-rfc4180-bis-00.txt
To: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-shafranovich-rfc4180-bis-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yakov Shafranovich and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-shafranovich-rfc4180-bis
Revision:       00
Title:          Common Format and MIME Type for Comma-Separated Values
(CSV) Files
Document date:  2021-03-26
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          10
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-shafranovich-rfc4180-bis-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shafranovich-rfc4180-bis/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-shafranovich-rfc4180-bis
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shafranovich-rfc4180-bis-00

Abstract:
   This RFC documents the common format used for Comma-Separated Values
   (CSV) files and updates the associated MIME type "text/csv".

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 17:51:26 +0100

Am 26.03.2021 um 17:19 schrieb Yakov Shafranovich:
> ...

You may want to check <https://www.w3.org/2013/csvw/wiki/Main_Page> for
potential overlap...

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 17:36:59 -0400

> You may want to check <https://www.w3.org/2013/csvw/wiki/Main_Page> for

Thank you, I was actually a participant in that W3C effort. The intent
of that WG was much bigger than my RFC and draft - they wanted to come
up with a metadata format to describe CSV files. My draft is somewhat
more limited to the CSV format itself and its associated MIME type.

Yakov