Subject: Re: [art] [dispatch] Status of Haptics I-D in DISPATCH? (fwd)

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 22:23:27 +0200 (CEST)

>> Setting aside the implications (inadvertent or otherwise) of Claudio’s
>> comment that Apple or Google need to be on the authors list for IETF to even
>> consider an ID  (or work on it expeditiously),

you totally misread what I stated, sorry. I said that at least those companies 
who are implementing the "new stuff" should be involved into the discussion of 
the specificaions, oitherwise the specification will be just ignored or result 
inaccurate compared to reality. And Apple and Google are just 2 examples. The 
way you read my sentence it totaly against what IETF is how it works etc. When 
I (and Ned and John, and many of the people who made suggestions in tis thread) 
started in the IETF, Apple, Google, and 80% of current companies weer "just not 
yet stablished", so please do not misread examples. :-) Specifications are done 
and are successful when all people who need them work to write them, and when 
people who will implement them work on them, too.

apart frm this, +1 to Ned's last email.
> 
> I could even begin to count the number of times I've been told that this or 
> that
> is critical because of the actions of some other standards group, and for 
> that
> reason the IETF needs to engage post haste. IME a common result of such pleas 
> is
> to slow the work down, as people begin to argue about how the IETF should 
> handle
> its interactions with other standards bodies, rather than focusing on the
> technical issues at hand.

yes!

> 				Ned

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

      PGP Key: https://www.cert.garr.it/servizi/informazioni-su-pgp-keys