Subject: Re: [art] Artart telechat review of draft-ietf-dots-signal-call-home-14

From: Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 15:35:08 +0000

Thanks for the review, Sean! All comments are appreciated, including those that look like sec! :)

Francesca

On 12/08/2021, 05:47, "art on behalf of Sean Turner via Datatracker" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Reviewer: Sean Turner
    Review result: Ready

    Hi! Reviewing this because I got asked. I will note that it appears this
    document has already been through IETF LC, SECDIR, and GENART among others.

    These two are pretty minor (and look like a secret secdir review):

    1. I-D.ietf-dots-rfc8782-bis refers to DTLS 1.3 [I-D.ietf-tls-dtls13}. Should
    this I-D also refer to DTLS 1.3 [I-D.ietf-tls-dtls13} in s1? Pretty sure
    changing the reference isn't going to slow down publication because this I-D
    normatively references I-D.ietf-dots-rfc8782-bis.

    2. Assuming that the answer is yes and you could use (D)TLS1.3 with this
    protocol, I think you need to say something about or refer to the early data
    concerns (see s7.2 of I-D.ietf-dots-rfc8782-bis). You might consider just
    expand the 2nd sentence in the 1st para of s8 to also refer to s7.2 or
    I-D.ietf-dots-rfc8782-bis?

    _______________________________________________
    art mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/art