Subject: [art] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-unicode12-03.txt> (IDNA2008 and Unicode 12.0.0) to Proposed Standard

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 13:44:25 -0400

Making sure that ART people are aware of this: necessary periodic
review of new Unicode characters with respect to IDNA2008.

Barry

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 1:41 PM
Subject: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-unicode12-03.txt> (IDNA2008 and
Unicode 12.0.0) to Proposed Standard
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
<[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'IDNA2008 and Unicode 12.0.0'
  <draft-faltstrom-unicode12-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-16. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the changes between Unicode 6.2.0 and Unicode
   12.0.0 in the context of IDNA2008.  Some additions and changes have
   been made in the Unicode Standard that affect the values produced by
   the algorithm IDNA2008 specifies.  IDNA2008 allows adding exceptions
   to the algorithm for backward compatibility; however, this document
   does not add any such exceptions.  This document provides the
   necessary tables to IANA to make its database consisstent with
   Unicode 12.0.0.

   To improve understanding, this document describes systems that are
   being used as alternatives to those that conform to IDNA2008.

   TO BE REMOVED AT TIME OF PUBLICATION AS AN RFC:

   This document is discussed on the [email-masked] mailing list
   of the IETF.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faltstrom-unicode12/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information:
    rfc6912: Principles for Unicode Code Point Inclusion in Labels in
the DNS (Informational - Internet Architecture Board (IAB))
    rfc5895: Mapping Characters for Internationalized Domain Names in
Applications (IDNA) 2008 (Informational - Independent Submission)
    rfc5894: Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA):
Background, Explanation, and Rationale (Informational - Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF))