Subject: Re: [art] Art-Art Last Call review of draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16

From: Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 10:00:52 +0000

Thank you for this review, Paul! I have balloted No Objection.

Francesca

From: art <[email-masked]> on behalf of Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sunday, 29 August 2021 at 20:39
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Cc: Art Area <[email-masked]>
Subject: [art] Art-Art Last Call review of draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16
I am the assigned Art-Art reviewer for this draft. The Art Area
Review Team (Art-Art) reviews all Art Area IETF documents being
processed by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments
just like any other last call comments.

Document: draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-16
Reviewer: Paul Kyzivat
Review Date: 2021-06-29
IETF LC End Date: ???
IESG Telechat date: ?

Summary:

This draft is on the right track but has open issues, described in the
review.

General:

This document is well written. The content was challenging for this
reviewer who is not acquainted with the subject domain. Hence comments
here are superficial.

Issues:

Major: 0
Minor: 1
Nits:  1

1) Minor: Use of Content-ID

This document makes use of Content-ID with constrained syntax and
values. This usage *ought* to be consistent with http and mime
definitions of Content-ID syntax.

I'm actually having some difficulty in identifying the most recent
authoritative document for this syntax. The IANA registry of http header
field names refers to RFC4229, and it refers to "The HTTP Distribution
and Replication Protocol", W3C NOTE NOTE-drp-19970825, August 1997. That
reference seems oddly specialized to be the authoritative definition. In
any case it defines it as:

content-identifier = URI ( "," URI )*

A traditional one is <left@right> with some constraints on the content
of left and right.

I'm not going to be the judge of what is authoritative here, but I
suggest you find out and then conform to it.

2) NIT: Use of IPv6

As noted by IdNits, you should consider including some IPv6 addresses in
examples.

_______________________________________________
art mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/art