Subject: Re: [art] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-h3-websockets-02

From: Ryan Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 15:16:57 -0800

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the review!

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 2:41 AM Francesca Palombini <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> *From: *Tim Bray via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
> *Subject: *Artart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-h3-websockets-02
>
> Nit: Section 1: The link to "Appendix A.3" is wrong, seems to just link
> back to
> this draft.
>
Hm, this appears to be a bug in the "htmlized" render [1] which works
correctly in the "html" render [2].

1.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-h3-websockets-02#section-1
2.
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-httpbis-h3-websockets-02.html#section-1

I think this is a problem with the tooling that generates the
htmlized version from the .md file. +Martin Thomson <[email-masked]> is
there a solution for this?

Issue: Section 2, 2nd paragraph: It feels like there could be a MUST or
> SHOULD
> in here so Websockets implementers can be sure they're doing the right
> thing to
> get an orderly shutdown?
>
This paragraph comes directly from RFC 8441 with minor edits to tweak from
HTTP/2 to HTTP/3 so I'm inclined to keep it as is.

> Issue: Section 2, 4th paragraph: This makes perfect sense, but is it
> Websockets-specific?  Does it actually belong in  draft-ietf-quic-http?
>
This document (like RFC 8441) defines a generic mechanism (Extended
Connect) that isn't limited strictly to Websockets, so this document needs
to describe the semantics of this new mechanism.

Cheers,

Ryan