Subject: [Asdf] I-D Action: draft-ietf-asdf-sdf-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 13:47:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the A Semantic Definition Format for Data and Interactions of Things WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Semantic Definition Format (SDF) for Data and Interactions of Things
        Authors         : Michael Koster
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-asdf-sdf-06.txt
	Pages           : 78
	Date            : 2021-06-01

Abstract:
   The Semantic Definition Format (SDF) is a format for domain experts
   to use in the creation and maintenance of data and interaction models
   in the Internet of Things.  It was created as a common language for
   use in the development of the One Data Model liaison organization
   (OneDM) definitions.  Tools convert this format to database formats
   and other serializations as needed.

   An SDF specification describes definitions of SDF Objects and their
   associated interactions (Events, Actions, Properties), as well as the
   Data types for the information exchanged in those interactions.

   A JSON format representation of SDF 1.0 was defined in version (-00)
   of this document; version (-05) was designated as an _implementation
   draft_, labeled SDF 1.1, at the IETF110 meeting of the ASDF WG
   (2021-03-11).  The present version (-06) is intended for discussion
   at the ASDF interim meeting on 2021-06-02.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-asdf-sdf/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-asdf-sdf-06.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-asdf-sdf-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 22:54:56 +0200

I went ahead and submitted a -06 for tomorrow.

The two main differences from -05 are:

* the details for the merge-patch that sdfRef does (PR #30)
* sdfObject arrays.

For the latter, I went with the simple syntax Ari had proposed in exploratory/sdfThing/fridgemultifreezer.sdf.json, not the more complex one I had favored and that led to Michael’s exploratory/sdfThing/sdfthing-outletstrip.sdf.json — let’s discuss tomorrow whether this is beyond “as simple as possible  but no simpler”.

This draft is not designated as an implementation draft; I expect this to be respun quickly after tomorrow’s meeting.

Grüße, Carsten

> On 2021-06-01, at 22:47, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt