Subject: [asrg-announce] Soliciting Volunteers for Subgroups

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:25:07 -0500

ASRG Members,

We are forming subgroups in line with the new charter, and are seeking
volunteers. Each subgroup has specific goals and targeted
participants, which are described on the homepage of each subgroup. All
subgroups currently being formed and active have a closed membership
policy. To join, please contact the ASRG chairs, contact information can
be found on the ASRG homepage: http://asrg.sp.am.

We expect all of these to start this month depending on
the feedback we receive and interest of the community. Feel free to
forward this message along to interested parties.

The list of the subgroups is as follows
(http://asrg.sp.am/about/subgroups.shtml):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o Abuse Reporting Standards - researches standard formats and protocols
for reporting email and network abuse
Homepage: http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/abuse_reports.shtml)

o Analysis & Characterization (A&C) - applies empirical and quantitative
methods to problems and issues surrounding spam
Homepage: http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/analysis.shtml

o Best Current Practices (BCP) - researches and documents best practices
for spam management
Homepage: http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/bcp.shtml

o Filtering Standards (FILTERING) - researches filtering standards for
dynamic updating and interaction with MTAs
Homepage: http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/filtering.shtml

o Inventory of Problems - research problems with the current email
architechture that facilitate spam
http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/problems.shtml

o Message Verification (MSG-VERIFY) - researches solutions dealing with
verification and authetication in the email messages and headers
http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/msg_verify.shtml

o SMTP Session Verification (SMTP-VERIFY) - researches solutions dealing
with authetication and verification of the SMTP session (will encompass
the old LMAP and CRI subgroups)
http://asrg.sp.am/subgroups/smtp_verify.shtml
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,
Yakov Shafranovich
Co-Chair, Anti-Spam Research Group (ASRG)
of the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF)
ASRG Homepage: http://asrg.sp.am

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"All that is gold does not glitter" (LOTR)
-------

_______________________________________________
asrg-announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg-announce